Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Chicken Wraps

Simple cook tonight. Grilled chicken with onions. Roasted tomatoes. Avacados (of course....it's my favorite vegetable). With a dynamite salad dressing. All in a wrap. Can't beat cooking on the egg. First time using cast iron skillet on it but it won't be the last.
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,579
    edited May 2013
    Excellent. How do you serve the chicken? Montery Chicken is a burger kinda thing at our place, jack cheese, avocado slices, bacon and onions on a kaiser roll. 
    I like your skillet treatment for the chicken. 
    PS - that's a great pan for deep dish pizza. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    I like the grilled chicken esp with onions, etc...the avocados a definate plus.  possibly My question is that the cook is in a fry pan, (that apparently fits in the egg),  Doesn't the radiated heat cause the pan to "overheat" and possibly affect the chicken ( singing, etc )??  What about indirect??  
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Looks good. And, by the way, the avocado is actually a fruit.  :-B
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.