Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Loquat Tomatillo Salsa

egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
edited April 2013 in Sides
1 lb tomatillos, peeled and washed
1 lb Loquats, pitted and cut  in half, you can use peaches or apricots even cherries or mangos
2  chiles seeds and veins
1/4 cup cilantro leaf
3 tablespoons honey
1 white onion, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

grill, griddle or cast iron pan, char tomatillos then char loquat, peppers.

2  Combine tomatillo, chipotle, peppers, cilantro and honey in a blender or food processor.

3 Pulse until chunky.

4 Transfer to a bowl.

5  Add 
 onion and salt to bowl along 

6 Mix to combine.

7 Chill or serve warm.
1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
·

Comments

• This looks great!
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    really easy to make and great on meat or chips. A nice change from out of the jar salsa.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • never thought of loquats. We had a loquat tree in a house we owned a while back. I used to curse that thing for all the fruit it dropped on my sidewalk. Guess I could have done something with them. 

·