Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork Pie

Pizza pie, that is!  We had some leftovers from last night, and what better way to use them?  

Crust from Harris Teeter, applied some olive oil and minced garlic, then used Sweet Baby Rays instead of pizza sauce.  Then cheese and diced onion, the pulled pork, some more cheese, and sprinkled with bbq sauce again:

Cooked at 700+ indirect for about 8 minutes.  Here it is fresh off the egg:

And sliced:

If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
·

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Looks great! Add some red onions next time.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • Looks good enough to eat. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    That must have been different with the BBQ sauce!!  Looks good !
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,458
    r270ba said:
    Looks great! Add some red onions next time.
    Heh - would have if I had them!  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,413
    I wish there was a "LOVE" tab.....That looks killer!!!  Been too long since I've done bbq pizza! 
    ·
  • WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Looks great. Good choice on the sweet BBQ sauce for a pizza!
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice pie, Good Job!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,458
    Thanks folks, it was a lot of fun. This was my third try at pizza, and I think I finally have most of it figured out.

·
  • Cuda1965Cuda1965 Posts: 49
    That looks great!
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,270
    I did the same thing a few nights ago. I added jalapeños. My base was sweet baby rays too, but I drizzled my homemade vinegar sauce over the top. It was delicious.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·