Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

couple of new egg questions... (turbo, wood, temp)

Im going to throw some ribs on tonight. I was looking for some suggestions in previously started threads and keep hearing about "turbo ribs." I cant find anything specific about it, most say 350 for 2hrs. Should I foil wrap? Rib rack em?

Also, im new to the whole smoking deal. I started with a full pint glass of apple wood chips (about the size of a quarter/half dollar) soaked in water 30 mins prior. I posted that here and everyone said DONT soak. Just throw them in with the coals. So i tried a handful dry in the coals and it was REALLY smokey. How much chips should I be using? Should I wait for the initial heavy smoke to cook off and then put the meat on?

I removed the membrane last night and did a "dillo dust" rub and left them in the fridge over night. Tonight I am going to throw about a handful of apple wood mixed in with the lump and start to get the heat up to 350 (dome temp also using a plate setter). let it sit at 350 for 30 mins then throw the ribs on bone down. 1 hour later spray some apple juice on it and more Dillo dust rub. Leave bone down. 30 mins later BBQ sauce them and then flip them bone up to give it some color and stickyness. What do you guys think about that? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments