Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The "post after approval" issue is still quite alive!

Hopefully someone who has some control of the forum post parameters can fix the dang thing.  I have gotten the dreaded message quite a few times (and none of the posts ever did get posted-and none were out-of-line:)) While it appears random, I have found that if I copy and paste into a body of text with a few links it will trigger the "approval process".  What a pain in the a$$.
Louisville
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,416
    Are you leaving?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    @Skiddymarker-too much northern NY influence in my youth and now I'm too old to change gears!  Now about life...but I fully understand SWMBO rules and am still alive-some days I don't know if that's a plus or minus :)>-
    Louisville
    ·
  • henapple said:
    Are you leaving?
    He's probably staying..... like the rest of us unprincipled morons with no life.....

What's that make me...I don't even own a Egg?. Oh Boy I better go see someone and lay flat on my back for a hour or two...My goal in life is to see how many Forums I can join before I croak. I'm up to 997.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    You are not going to believe this. I just answered Browninggold and got hit with the "PAA". Damn these people!
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    luosubcap -- what boat is that ?? 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,411
    luosubcap -- what boat is that ?? 
    It's the USS Louisville (SSN-724) returning to San Diego at the close of the Desert Storm trip.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    USS Benjamin Franklin SSB(N) 640      Guam 1967image
    img046.jpg 260.4K
    ·
  • This is pure and utter Bovine Scatology, which we will abbreviate BS! I just tried to post here that I have problems whenever I try to post an outside link. I put that link in the body of the post andmitmendsmup never posting when I hit them post button! Why is there a problem with the link AmazingRibs dot com? They have very good reviews on the BGE and it is BBQ related! Are we that inbred here?
    ·
  • Yeah, I thought so, my above link went straight through! If would seem that any outside link gets you shuttled off to the bit bucket! :(
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,290
    Hmmm.... I just had the "PAA" issue responding to a post in another thread. I finally have been infected by this virus too, it seems.
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 962
    Up until today I've only gotten that message when I tried to start a new post. Twice today I typed a short reply to someone else's post and i've gotten an "unknown error" message. I'm not planning on leaving the board, but the board seems to be leaving us.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,410
    henapple said:
    Are you leaving?
    He's probably staying..... like the rest of us unprincipled morons with no life.....

What's that make me...I don't even own a Egg?. Oh Boy I better go see someone and lay flat on my back for a hour or two...My goal in life is to see how many Forums I can join before I croak. I'm up to 997.

Damn man, you are more pathetic than us.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I've found I need to get approval whenever I paste a link to an outside source like AmazingRibs.com.
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2013
    Same here for same reason. I tried to post the link to Meathead's Piedmont Dip when someone a few days ago was looking for a vinegar based sauce. Got the post after approval notice, so I couldn't do it.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • I got the same.  Tried to post Meathead's rather controversial new post about resting your meat being a busted myth to see what everyone's thoughts were and got the PAA and days later it remains as a draft. 
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • Oh I sure hope we don't lose more good people, it would be a shame. I have enjoyed the input of the veterans.
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    My posts from this morning doubled when it actually posted hours later. Now I have four posts saying the same thing and I can't edit it. That has been my only experience so far.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Getting hit repeatedly with this.  Very annoying.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,613
    Working fine here; I'm using Firefox.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • I don't think it's a browser issue - I think they just have some default content-based filters.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·