Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Unbelievable Heat Retention. (pics)

Several of my recent butt cooks have taken forever, so I started my most recent 8lbs butt ridiculously early.  As luck would have it, it finished up well ahead of schedule.  I pulled out the foil, cooler, and beach towels, but added two fire bricks that sat on a 500 degree BGE for 15 minutes.  7 hours and 42 minutes later I was absolutely shocked to find the internal temp was at 140 degrees.  Just wanted to share the use of the firebricks to anyone who was looking for a solution for extended heat retention.  My cousin just cooked two 8lbs butts that went 19 hours.  I'm learning there can be a tremendous amount of variation in cook times with butts.   

imageimageimageimage
Firebricks.JPG
640 x 478 - 100K
butt#2.PNG
640 x 960 - 56K
butt#1.JPG
640 x 478 - 127K
Tostada.JPG
478 x 640 - 97K

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

Comments