Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone know if I use a table nest is a paver or pice of ceramic nessasary??

I built a new table and I am going to use a iI need to use a piec of tile under the nest??

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,290
    There is no doubt the 2" space provided by a table nest will be OK from a heat perspective, BUT, any ash that falls out will not care if it falls 2" or 2'.... Still a strong fire possibility...
    A fire "proof" surface under the nest is the best solution. 
    I have a table nest with tile under the egg. 
    IMGP2480.jpg 875.1K
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,660
    Just what Skiddy said.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• I never thouh of the hot ash falling on it  I am kind of new to the BGE
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,290
    Skookum looking table, if you can find a piece of stainless steel or even black metal if you don't want the higher profile of a paver. Even a a couple of loose lay 16"X16" dark tile, matching your top would do. They do not have to be cemented, the egg weight will keep them in place. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • OziEggOziEgg Posts: 48
    When I got sick of waiting for the table nest I ordered from BGE direct to show up I used paving stones.

It works fine and I think it looks ok too.

Still waiting for the table nest by the way....
  • BullibeBullibe Posts: 132
    If you have the cut out piece of granite, that would look cool under it. Nice table, by the way !
    Redneck Riviera, Gulf Shores, Alabama