Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Am I crazy?

We went to the in-laws house for New Year's, and my mother-in-law's birthday celebration. Been here a few days now. Before we left, a 620 mile drive, my wife said could I take me BGE? It is a large, but I said sure. It took over 2 hours to break it down and pack it for the trip. So yesterday, the day of the birthday, I did two pork butts. Fed 60 people. There was a lot of other food. But the pork was the main event. It got quite good reviews, it was almost perfect even though it only got cooked to 185 internal due to time constraints. It was also my first overnight cook.

So I must be crazy. Even though it took a lot of effort to take it along, it was worth it. And the bonus is my wife said we should get a small egg to travel with. Even though I never said one peep about getting another egg. I guess she is an honorary member of the cult.

Have a happy new year everybody.

LBGE

Comments