Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin Temp?

Cooking a couple pork tenderloins for supper tonight. Haven't cooked this in a while and was wondering what temp. I need to pull these at? I was thinking it was 150 degrees, but couldn't remember. Thanks in advance for any help.
·

Comments

• billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    I like 140
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,810
    I cook them between 135 and 140.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    edited December 2012

Do like billyray and nolaegghead said.... Don't cook pork like my Mother...........

As I recall she would check it at 240..........

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,676
    edited December 2012
    Here's a suggestion, 1/2 cook (microwave) some bacon strips, wrap them around the tenderloin. They will just start to crisp as the tenderloin hits 140ish. 
    My Mom went to the same cooking school as Mickey's, cook pork until extremely well done then return to oven for at least 30 possibly 45 more minutes. Yech!
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    140ish it is. Thanks crew!
    ·