Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Temp?

Cooking a couple pork tenderloins for supper tonight. Haven't cooked this in a while and was wondering what temp. I need to pull these at? I was thinking it was 150 degrees, but couldn't remember. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I like 140
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I cook them between 135 and 140.
    edited December 2012

Do like billyray and nolaegghead said.... Don't cook pork like my Mother...........

As I recall she would check it at 240..........

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    Here's a suggestion, 1/2 cook (microwave) some bacon strips, wrap them around the tenderloin. They will just start to crisp as the tenderloin hits 140ish. 
    My Mom went to the same cooking school as Mickey's, cook pork until extremely well done then return to oven for at least 30 possibly 45 more minutes. Yech!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    140ish it is. Thanks crew!