Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flat Iron and Fungus

So cooked up a flat iron steak last night with some grilled peppers and yellow squash on a bed of Basmati Rice. Also cooked up a couple portabello's. Rubbed the steak with DP cowlick and gave the veggies some EVOO and some DP Shakin the tree. My mushrooms were a little overcooked. The question I have is what is the best way to do grilled mushrooms? I would like to try the burgundy mushrooms when I have more time, but until then would like some help.image
·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,208
    Looks delicious! One of my favorite cuts.
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,808
    looks great!

·
  • Nice, except for those portabello's - 'cause I don't like them anyway. We stick to good old button whites. I like to get the larger ones, cut some spirals in the top to make them fancy, brush with garlic butter and roast. Leave 'em whole - they never overdo. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,527
    I love fi steaks. I use the small or sliced pm..evo, s&p in a basket.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    Thanks for the advice, I thought about buying the sliced ones and then I could have just thrown them in my grilling basket with the veggies.
    ·