Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Flat Iron and Fungus

So cooked up a flat iron steak last night with some grilled peppers and yellow squash on a bed of Basmati Rice. Also cooked up a couple portabello's. Rubbed the steak with DP cowlick and gave the veggies some EVOO and some DP Shakin the tree. My mushrooms were a little overcooked. The question I have is what is the best way to do grilled mushrooms? I would like to try the burgundy mushrooms when I have more time, but until then would like some help.image
·

Comments

• Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,421
    Looks delicious! One of my favorite cuts.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,263
    looks great!

·
  • Nice, except for those portabello's - 'cause I don't like them anyway. We stick to good old button whites. I like to get the larger ones, cut some spirals in the top to make them fancy, brush with garlic butter and roast. Leave 'em whole - they never overdo. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,433
    I love fi steaks. I use the small or sliced pm..evo, s&p in a basket.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149
    Thanks for the advice, I thought about buying the sliced ones and then I could have just thrown them in my grilling basket with the veggies.
    ·