Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need to Buy: Daisy Wheel for Medium Green Egg

MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

I bought a Medium 2nd hand today - missing the fire grate and daisy wheel.   I might go High-Que for the grate but haven't yet gone to a dealer to get a price for the daisy wheel.

If someone here has one available I'd be interested in purchasing it from you.   Contact me at nomo4me aht geemail dot com

Thanks

Mike 

·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Why get one. Cook on Large, Small, and Mini w/o one and no problems.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    I like the daisy as well, needed or not. Just saw one listed on eBay yesterday, check there. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93
    ·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,060
    edited October 2012
    Sgt93 said:
    I like the daisy as well, needed or not. Just saw one listed on eBay yesterday, check there. 
    I'm with @Sgt93, I like the DFMT, use it for about 90% of my temp control. I think the medium and large use the same DFMT. In Canada, the MDFMT (Medium Dual Function Metal Top) is $60. In the US, it will probably be about $45. Your dealer would be happy to get one for you. Always worth a try to see what the dealer FOB price is if you are not in too much of a hurry.  
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    Here you go. $28 with $12 for shipping, not a bad deal and not my auction. Not affiliated in any way. Just trying to help. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Green-Egg-/190739804815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c68fa728f
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    ·
    Noted the US dealer price is $39.99 for a MDFMT, (Fred's). A local dealer might even sell you one off a floor model. 
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,958
    Mickey said:
    Why get one. Cook on Large, Small, and Mini w/o one and no problems.
    I don't use it on the medium either, I think the use of the DW is personal preference, but by no means required.
    ·
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174

I suppose I could control temps fine without the DW but farting around with it is just part of the experience that I kind of like.   I did grab one of the ones on ebay and thanks Sarge for the link.  

Now to decide on the High-que or factory fire grate.  

·
    MikeG said:

I suppose I could control temps fine without the DW but farting around with it is just part of the experience that I kind of like.   I did grab one of the ones on ebay and thanks Sarge for the link.  

Now to decide on the High-que or factory fire grate.  

No problem. I have a High-Que coming in for my small tomorrow. I hear it's a must on the small but unsure if needed on the medium. My XL does fine without one. 
    ·
    @MikeG, I have the high-q for my medium, for sears and 400-600 grills and cooks, no difference, but for anything under 400, the high-q is great, no more wiggling to stir the embers. I think I use a little more lump - but because it is actually burning I suppose that is to be expected. 
    Last pork butt was a dream, set it and forget it. 
    ·
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174

Thanks SM

·