Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to Buy: Daisy Wheel for Medium Green Egg

MikeG
MikeG Posts: 174
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

I bought a Medium 2nd hand today - missing the fire grate and daisy wheel.   I might go High-Que for the grate but haven't yet gone to a dealer to get a price for the daisy wheel.

If someone here has one available I'd be interested in purchasing it from you.   Contact me at nomo4me aht geemail dot com

Thanks

Mike 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Why get one. Cook on Large, Small, and Mini w/o one and no problems.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I like the daisy as well, needed or not. Just saw one listed on eBay yesterday, check there. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited October 2012
    Sgt93 said:
    I like the daisy as well, needed or not. Just saw one listed on eBay yesterday, check there. 
    I'm with @Sgt93, I like the DFMT, use it for about 90% of my temp control. I think the medium and large use the same DFMT. In Canada, the MDFMT (Medium Dual Function Metal Top) is $60. In the US, it will probably be about $45. Your dealer would be happy to get one for you. Always worth a try to see what the dealer FOB price is if you are not in too much of a hurry.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Sgt93
    Here you go. $28 with $12 for shipping, not a bad deal and not my auction. Not affiliated in any way. Just trying to help. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Green-Egg-/190739804815?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c68fa728f
  • Skiddymarker
    Noted the US dealer price is $39.99 for a MDFMT, (Fred's). A local dealer might even sell you one off a floor model. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Mickey said:
    Why get one. Cook on Large, Small, and Mini w/o one and no problems.
    I don't use it on the medium either, I think the use of the DW is personal preference, but by no means required.
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174

I suppose I could control temps fine without the DW but farting around with it is just part of the experience that I kind of like.   I did grab one of the ones on ebay and thanks Sarge for the link.  

Now to decide on the High-que or factory fire grate.  

• Sgt93
    MikeG said:

I suppose I could control temps fine without the DW but farting around with it is just part of the experience that I kind of like.   I did grab one of the ones on ebay and thanks Sarge for the link.  

Now to decide on the High-que or factory fire grate.  

No problem. I have a High-Que coming in for my small tomorrow. I hear it's a must on the small but unsure if needed on the medium. My XL does fine without one. 
  • Skiddymarker
    @MikeG, I have the high-q for my medium, for sears and 400-600 grills and cooks, no difference, but for anything under 400, the high-q is great, no more wiggling to stir the embers. I think I use a little more lump - but because it is actually burning I suppose that is to be expected. 
    Last pork butt was a dream, set it and forget it.