Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Checking Temp Tip

miscjamesmiscjames Posts: 78
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have been working in my garage a lot lately. And I came up with this little trick. For the dome Temp gauge I took the clamp off the back. And then what I do is spin the gauge so that my desired temp is at the 12 o’clock position. So if I want 350 I spine the gauge around so that 350 is exactly at the 12 o’clock position according to my egg. Then I can quickly glance over and make sure the egg is at the right temp, without having to walk over to it. This also helps when it’s raining as I can just look from the door and see what my egg is doing.

Leaving the clamp off also makes it easy to remove that gauge and clean the stem as well which I feel helps with the reading.

I hope this helps someone… 

Comments