Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

DP Rub for a "Fattie"?

bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 957
edited August 2012 in EggHead Forum
Going to try a fattie tomorrow morning for breakfast sandwiches. (Jimmy Dean Sage sausage log rolled in rub and grilled to 165° internal on 250° grid).  I have the DP sampler pack, any suggestions which rub to use?
See der Rabbits, Iowa
·

Comments

• Quit talking about me!  But I'll take the rub.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • MayberryMayberry Posts: 466
    The swamp venom is good ( a little spicy), the Raging River has some maple that would be good with sausage, and the dizzy dust is probably the go-to rub for pork. I just bought five or six bottles, and honestly, they're all good so far.
    Athens, GA
    ·
  • Dusted with DP Pineapple head and in the Egg. 
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • What a neat and simple breakfast treat.  I don't particularly like breakfast sausage, but this was really good.  Apparently the time in the Egg renders out the majority of the fat and also imparts a great flavor.  Most likely will do this again as the wife liked it also. Maybe try the Maple version next time.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·