Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is your go to gun?

JerkChicken
JerkChicken Posts: 551
edited August 2012 in Off Topic
If an armed zombie is on your porch about to steal your BGE, what do you go to? 

Mine is my Noveske AR15 with the Aimpoint Red Dot scope: 
LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Since we are talking zombies, I'll go with the BFG:
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • :)) That'll do the trick
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Walther PPS 40 caliber with Gold Dot self defense rounds.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • Just got me a new ruger lc9 crimson trace. Loving it. If I'm home it's my benelli super nova. Haven't gotten a ar yet have a mp15-22 that's fun but prolly wouldn't take out a zombie.

XLBGE 
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos depends on the zombie this one started of with 9mm then .308 then finished of with shotguns after about 800 rounds he looked pretty done. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Lynnwood WA
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos depends on the zombie this one started of with 9mm then .308 then finished of with shotguns after about 800 rounds he looked pretty done. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    That is awesome! Where'd you get the target from? How do you like the Crimson Trace? I just got a mini mounted one for my Glock 30. Haven't even used it yet and I'm debating to leave it on or not since I can't holster it with the laser on it. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2012

Nice AR JC 

On the porch, I'd have to go with 3 1/4" OO buck (7 + 1) or PDX1 9mm (19 + 1) hollow points

Walking Dead is starting up soon

B-)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583

Browning Cynergy Classic Field.  2 barrels that go bang every time - no questions.

• Nice AR JC 

On the porch, I'd have to go with OO buck or PDX1 hollow points

That is a sweet lookin' shotty!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    9mm XD9 with flashlight laser or 12 gauge pump

Nice stock on the shotty. I need one like that on my Mausburg 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Geez, what overkill. Zombies are taken out with a blow/bullet/chop/screwdriver/axe to the brain, does nobody watch "The Walking Dead"?
    The professional gun of choice to scramble a brain is a .22 cal. So why you guys are hauling around cannons and huge cartridges loaded into ammo belts, I'll throw a box of 333 hollow points (<$13 at WallyWorld) in my pocket and drop 10 or so in the BuckMark. Just like the egg, the right tool for the right job.

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    no gun for zombies, I keep a machete on hand
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I duck hunt with a supernova. I had a super black eagle for years but it got stolen. (sad face)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Geez, what overkill. Zombies are taken out with a blow/bullet/chop/screwdriver/axe to the brain, does nobody watch "The Walking Dead"?
    The professional gun of choice to scramble a brain is a .22 cal. So why you guys are hauling around cannons and huge cartridges loaded into ammo belts, I'll throw a box of 333 hollow points (<$13 at WallyWorld) in my pocket and drop 10 or so in the BuckMark. Just like the egg, the right tool for the right job.

Why let a little .22 rattle around in their head when you can just take it clean off?
  • no gun for zombies, I keep a machete on hand
    You are running the risk of bio fluids splashing into your orifices. Is it really worth it?
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    I just fart, I'm told that I could gag a maggot with one of my rippers. :-&

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    What the heck are those things?

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Focker
    edited August 2012

@Skiddymarker

Might as well run a Red Ryder :D

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• What the heck are those things?
    DUDE!!

I saw that movie Glory, and by the time you get that thing loaded that Zombie would have fired up your egg, and had your arm on it around 250 dome temp!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Geez, what overkill. Zombies are taken out with a blow/bullet/chop/screwdriver/axe to the brain, does nobody watch "The Walking Dead"?.

I have wondered the same thing.  I would be carrying my 10/22, and maybe something bigger on my side.  Side note, just like Deputy Rick Grimes, here's what I carried when I was on the road.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Focker
    edited August 2012

Love me some boomsticks! (Mosin Nagant WWII battle rifle)

Guys will gawk and come over at the range when I start shooting it.  With the bayonet attached, it's 68", sans bayonet 48".  It's a multi-tool.  You could crush a skull with the wooden stock, or do some damage with the bayonet.  7.62 x 54R is a decent round.  NATO ammo is pretty cheap.  You appreciate world history when in your hands, and see the minor battle scars on the stock. Simo Hayha, a Finnish sniper, used a Mosin similar to this, sans scope, in minus 40 degree weather, to kill over 700 Russians in 100 days of war.

Good, clean, fun for less than 100 bucks. lol

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Doc_Eggerton
    What the heck are those things?
    DUDE!!

I saw that movie Glory, and by the time you get that thing loaded that Zombie would have fired up your egg, and had your arm on it around 250 dome temp!
    My pic is a .58 flintlock, the muskets in Glory were either Enfields or Springfields, and loaded several times more per minute than my flinter.  On the other hand, a 500 grain mini does do a lot of damage.

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Too many guns to list them all...but have several in these calibers: 9mm, .40, .38, .380, 22, 12ga, 20ga, 30/30, 30/06, 50 cal black powder....etc. Not a big laser fan, but I do have lasers on a .40 and on the wife's .38

And if we run out of ammo....there are several chainsaws for decapitation too!

Everytime I buy a new gun, I tell the wife it's for Zombies!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    "If an armed zombie..."

two issues:
    -zombies not generally known to be armed. 
    -question implies a lesser response for an unarmed zombie.

please revise and resubmit the original question.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Canadian zombies are armed. The living aren't allowed guns
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited August 2012
    I read "armed zombie" as a zombie with arms (versus an armless zombie).  The least harmless is the armless and legless variety (torso with head).  They're easily evaded since they're not ambulatory, and they can't jack your egg.
    "If an armed zombie..."

two issues:

not all zombies have arms, stop watching the history channel, you need to start watching some descent television, the new walking dead series starts soon
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • "If an armed zombie..."

two issues:

Obviously you haven't seen George Romero's last installment of his ongoing films "Land of the Dead" in which the gas station attendant Zombie has a higher intelligence than usually found in your typical Zombie. He, in fact, organizes the Zombie hoard, and even steals an automatic rifle off of a human bandit.  Later in the film he learns how to use it and rains terror on all of the humans who thought Zombies couldn't arm themselves  B-)
  • Canadian zombies are armed. The living aren't allowed guns
    This is funny cuz it's true! =))