Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ideas needed

Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
edited May 2012 in EggHead Forum
The wife bought a 3.5 lbs boneless turkey breast roast and I'm looking for some ideas

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,644
    Direct, high in dome, 400. I like a coffee rub
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Brine it, smoke it, slice thin for homemade deli meat for sammies.
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Brine it, smoke it, slice thin for homemade deli meat for sammies.
    Most definitely brine it. Water, salt, sugar, oranges, lemons, thyme, rosemary, etc. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Just be sure if you're going to brine it that it didn't already come in a salt solution
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Good point. Make sure it wasn't pre-brined...they're too salty.
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
    Dang just got home and the wife already hit with a Michel Smith recipe rub. I'll post some more info later along with pics and how it turned out Thanks anyways  to all who answered
  • Mike8itMike8it Posts: 468
    Looking forward to pics. I bet it will be delicious
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Dang just got home and the wife already hit with a Michel Smith recipe rub. I'll post some more info later along with pics and how it turned out Thanks anyways  to all who answered

Never seen Michael Smith's rubs but I would bet they are good. He's an egghead too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,293
    Hey it's the Kentucky Derby weekend....smoke it and then make Kentucky Hot Brown sandwiches, best freaking sandwich ever.  (open faced turkey sandwich with bacon, tomatoes, and a cheesy mornay sauce)
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 283
    KBH (Kentucky Hot Brown), Nibble told me about them, I have to agree excellent!!  and I hate Turkey
    Be Well

Knoxville TN