Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all had a big green St. Patrick’s Day! While you’re waiting for it to be Easter time, try some of the new recipes we’ve recently added to our website. One of our favorite dishes is the Easy Jambalaya with Beef, and our favorite sweet & savory treat is the Sweet Cream Crostini.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Second Cook (with pics)

Ottawa_EggmanOttawa_Eggman Posts: 111
edited April 2012 in EggHead Forum
First cook was pork tenderloin came out good moist and tender no pics. The the first cook is like a blind date, you don't want to talk about it until its over just in case lol . As for the second cook Italian style meat loaf with rosemary potatoes

Meat loaf

2lbs ground beef
2 large eggs
2 large onions (sauteed)
8 cloves garlic (sauteed)
1/2 cup tomato paste
1/2 Parmesan
1/2 sun dried tomatoes Chopped)
1/2 Kalamata Olives (chopped)
2 cups bread crumbs
1/2 chopped fresh parley
1 tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon fav hot sauce

press into a loaf  375 indirect to internal temp 165 ( about 45 mins)

Potatoes  sliced EVO  salt and pepper and a sprinkle of dried rosemary ( simple but tasty)

I have made this several time in the steel thing in the house but it was way better in the egg

·

Comments

• joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Looks good...I have been wanting to try a meatloaf but my girlfried doesn't like it, so I have to wait for another opportunity.

·
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    Joe, does that mean another girlfriend? :-)
    ·
  • Hahahahahaha! Nice 99.

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,025
    @Ottawa: just an idea for next time. Do it w/o the loaf pan. Just make a mound and cook it. Lot's more top...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • chill243chill243 Posts: 96
    This looks great, I must try it!
    ·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 247
    Love those foiled potatoes. We do them with sliced onions, garlic, and butter on top. All that stuff just melts into those potatoes. Always do two batches, second batch gets cooked (reheated and crisped up) for breakfast with gound up maple sausage.
    Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
  • @Ottawa: just an idea for next time. Do it w/o the loaf pan. Just make a mound and cook it. Lot's more top...
    Yup that what I do just parchment paper under it.
    Love those foiled potatoes. We do them with sliced onions, garlic, and butter on top. All that stuff just melts into those potatoes.
    +1 do that also and some times we get real crazy and mix thew two lol
    ·