Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wok Question

JefCB01JefCB01 Posts: 38
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I seasoned by new wok and got a little board this afternoon and had some chicken so I decided to stir-fry it.  After I was done, the golden color of the wok is back to the silverish color it came in before I seasoned it around the center of the wok.  Do I go through the seasoning process again to get the golden color back or is in fine like it is?

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    You might have been a little aggressive with your spatula.  It never hurts to go through the seasoning process again, but also, every time you cook on it, you are seasoning it also.  You might try using a wooden spatula on your next cook.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,685
    It might be because you were "board" instead of "bored" =)) Only kidding. How did you season it? If there is any doubt just season it again. What type of spatula do you use?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JefCB01JefCB01 Posts: 38
    Haha...nice catch Chubbs

I was using a metal wok spatula from The Wok Shop. I coated with oil and baked for 20 minutes and then cooked chives in it like the video.