Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wok Question

Options
JefCB01
JefCB01 Posts: 57
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I seasoned by new wok and got a little board this afternoon and had some chicken so I decided to stir-fry it.  After I was done, the golden color of the wok is back to the silverish color it came in before I seasoned it around the center of the wok.  Do I go through the seasoning process again to get the golden color back or is in fine like it is?

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    You might have been a little aggressive with your spatula.  It never hurts to go through the seasoning process again, but also, every time you cook on it, you are seasoning it also.  You might try using a wooden spatula on your next cook.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    It might be because you were "board" instead of "bored" =)) Only kidding. How did you season it? If there is any doubt just season it again. What type of spatula do you use?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JefCB01
    JefCB01 Posts: 57
    Options
    Haha...nice catch Chubbs

I was using a metal wok spatula from The Wok Shop. I coated with oil and baked for 20 minutes and then cooked chives in it like the video.