Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8lbs of wings on Large

Options
MusicMan78
MusicMan78 Posts: 182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bought two of the four pound bag of frozen wing segments st the local supermarket. Since they come in the zip top bags added some EVOO and a chipolte lime seasoning and shook well to distribute. Threw them in the grill pan frozen and smoked over hickory and apple chunks. Went 2 hours at about 300 and bumped up to about 400-450 for another 2 1/2 hours, stirring every half hour after temp increase so that they all had a bit of color. This is the end result:

Wings2.jpg

Drizzled with buffalo sauce and enjoyed!
Wings1.jpg

Might try to push it to 3 bags next time as they really went over well. Just need to remember that not everybody has the same heat tolerance as I do. There is no ranch dressing, carrots, celery (or beer) left in the fridge!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    That can save a lot of time. Looks good.
    I am guessing indirect?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MusicMan78
    Options
    You are correct :)
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Options
    Nice idea Dave. I will do that next time. Hope Michigan's season ends soon. I want Harbaugh!

Stef in Brunswick,Oh.
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Options
    Yeah, that pile of wings looks really GOOD! Yummm...

I'm curious about something, when I spatchcock a bird, it only takes around an hour, give or take.
    Why is it that the way you did it, took 4 1/2 hours?
    Started out at a lower temp, but the last 2 1/2 hours were about what I do my whole bird at..
    I've done wings before, but can't remember how I did them...

I be writing it down in my notebook this time around!
    Thank you for any advice!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    He put them on frozen.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE