Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big green egg dealers

2»

Comments

• RVH
    RVH Posts: 523
    Everything Barbecue in OKC has treated us very well. When the hinge on my Mini broke they just went into the stockroom and grabbed another one, and even installed it for me. This is only one example of how they operate their
    business. They actually even cook on BGE's. Who'da thunk'it!
  • Outdoor Home, Springfield, MO - Bought both of my eggs from there (8 yrs ago and 1 yr ago). Had a cracked fire box last year - replaced without question (and, in stock). Lots of eggs of all sizes in stock all the time. The have just about every eggsessory you would want. The staff is very knowledgeable - a few of my questions (only rarely) have had to be answered by someone specifically that has a greater working knowledge of the egg. During the summer, they put on a weekly cooking class for the egg.

Sounds like I am very lucky to have them as a local dealer!
  • What I'm reading is not consistant among the network of dealers. What makes a good dealer? Price, service, inventory of BGE products, advise, all the above? We all agree that it is the cooker of choice, what we are not in agreement over is how the company is represented among the dealer network. My problems arose over the bottom grate not being covered, then taking 3 months to replace my fire box. But the real problem is they have no concern for the customer. That is why I won't go back to my dealer, and I'm in metro Atlanta.I would ask if there is a traing process for dealers, a list of do's and don't's, what's covered and not covered?
    Like the product not sure about the company
    DMo
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    :laugh: :pinch: think you are out of luck there :whistle:
  • I am an egg dealer and I like to think that we have a good assortment of products. We brought the egg in just this spring and it has been a wonderful experience. Of course when we brought the eggs in I immidiately took one home w/ me and have been hooked ever since. I like to think though that we are very knowledgeable about the product.
  • I own three Eggs. The first was bought at Barbeques Galore in 1999. They are no longer in business in the Houston Area. I visited them a lot for supplies but it was always clear to me that they were pushing gassers.

My next Egg was a small which I purchased from a pool supply dealer that asked me to demo BGE's for them. I did and they were kind enough to give me an Easter Egg basket full of Dollar Store cooking tools. $%#&!!! So I asked what kind of deal could they make me on a small. I got $50 off. They are out of business now. I can understand why.

My next Egg was a Mini that my Sweetie and Number One Fan in the whole world, gave me for my birthday. She got it from John Henry. No special deals or anything.

I also won a Mini at the Oklahoma Eggfest and gave it to my brother-in-law. He likes it. I would not be surprised that he buys a larger one.

There's only one area dealer that impresses me with their efforts to at least 'equally' promote the Egg along with their other items. That's Chim-Chimney's down toward Galveston and a long way from here.

They are a good dealer, good enough that we, along with our neighbors, drove there one Saturday just to help promote the Egg. I even made a movie of the trip including views of the inside of their store. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UFPYqXDYWA

In those years, I've participated in a number of fests, actively encouraged people (even strangers) to look into Egg'n, for sure sold lots Eggs by actions, deeds, and words, and promoted the Egg at every opportunity, much like every one of you. Why no one from BGE would call me back when I inquired about becoming an authorized dealer is beyond me.

I suppose they have some magic formula that we are unaware of that assures them that their dealers are qualified to represent their product.

But I'm an Egghead as long as I own an Egg.

Spring "Trying Hard To Be A Good Egghead" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Every dealer I have visited around Salt Lake City has been horrible. None of them know anything about the product, and the one where I bought my small insists that any warranty items need to go through bge. The fire ring in my mini cracked in half, and I am just going to do the warranty directly through bge and pay the shipping, its not worth the hassel working with dealers. I know others have good experiences, but I hate dealers, I wish Internet sales were allowed again. Just let Amazon sell it already ... :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I for one rated my dealer (Hearth and Patio, Peoria, IL) excellent on both polls. They go the extra mile. They stock a good inventory of replacement warranty parts so you walk in and walk out. My last replacement was my small firebox and all they wanted was a picture emailed back to them after I had already gotten it! Except for one person who says she just isn't a cook all of the staff members and the owner own eggs and use them. I admit I have a great relationship with them and I teach classes there. They also know they can refer people to me to answer questions, get recipes etc.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mainegg
    Nice to hear about so many good dealers. so often we tend to hear the bad and never the good.
  • Mainegg
    I know I am answering myself here in the order of things but was thinking and wanted to add this. I would really think that for as few a warranty issues as there are and there are not that many parts to an egg.. or a ton of sizes.. that so few of them do not stock at least 1's of the most obvious... I mean it is mostly lg eggs out there and mostly fire boxes or rings... I know the name of the game to staying in business is the bottom line and keeping a fine balance of inventory. I have been doing that for 30 years myself. I don't know.. maybe some of the dealers lurk here and will see that there are a lot of unhappy customers.. and not with the product either.
    and as far as BGE responsibility that is a hard call. if the company that wants to carry eggs already is established and doing well with other products, financially is able to do their orders, and clears credit checks it is kind of hard to know in advance how much work they are willing to put into the sale of a product. most companies want easy in and out sales and not have to mess with follow up stuff. or wild eyed egg heads wanting to talk shop :laugh:
  • I bet you will give Dan a run for his money as a dealer.

edna
  • My dealer is Fireside Outdoor Kitchens and Grills in Augusta, GA. They always have a ton in stock of anything (BGE stuff, rubs, sauces, Taproot custom tables, everything BBQ related) you can imagine and are Eggheads themselves. They cook on their BGE's every Tuesday and usually on Saturday as well (do classes) and allows everyone to come eat/learn for free. They are a great business to deal with (good prices--friendly--knowledgeable) and I feel lucky I have such a great dealer close to me.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I have two good dealers, one in Florida where I bought my first egg, and one in Cincinnati where I purchased my last two. These guys both do a good job, especially considering that eggs/grills are not their main business and source of income. The Florida guy is in the pool supply business in a strip mall and does not have a huge inventory, but he always has a couple of eggs on the floor and he is out in front of his shop every weekend cooking something for passers-by.
    The Cincinnati guy runs a family owned fuel business that primarily sells [and delivers] heating oil, propane,etc. They have a fireplace/grill shop in their store and are Weber dealers as well. He too, is out every weekend with something going on an egg in front of his shop. He keeps what I would consider a reasonable inventory also.
    Both have knowledgeable staff people, I think most everyone in the Cincinnat store owns their own egg.
    I have never had a warranty issue, so I cannot rate them on that, but I would not expect a problem with either one.
    Reading some of the other responses, I guess I am pretty lucky :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    I think another testimony to their support is this past June was their 8th annual Peoria Eggfest. I know the Mothership just had their 13th, but having had 8 isn't too shabby either!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    I have the bestest eggdealer ever. Gail and Mike Hamlin at Southern Patio in McDonough,Ga are awesome. They cook on it all the time and have even started teaching classes. They know their stuff and are great to deal with. I even hear they carry some premium BBQ sauce. :whistle:
  • Volsegghead...
    I am going to be in Knoxville, Farragut to be exact, for Thanksgiving. Are you in that area?
    drop me a line, would love to talk to you about renting an egg!
    tim
    timmyshitz@yahoo.com
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    I just purchased a small egg; 5 weeks ago. The sales person was knowledgeable and an egger. After getting home I noticed that 5 pieces were missing and the date sheet on the egg was from 3 years ago. He has gotten me all the missing pieces except got for the DFMT which was backordered. They had a small and large demo; I bought the only egg in stock plus laid out another $150 in eggessories. I purchased their complete stock of Dizzy Pig; one bottle. There are many BGE dealers within 50 miles but I doubt any of them keep any stock. Perhaps BGE should downsize the number of dealers in an area so the handfull remain will stock eggs, eggessories, rubs, etc..
    Again, the sales person was great. Instead of selling me the $24 bag of BGE lump, he told me where he buys his Royal Oak for $11; less than 3 miles away.
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    My original dealer went belly up after I bought my large.
    Then we moved and the new closest dealer went belly up too. BBQ Galore
    All subsequent eggs have come from an Eggfest and so far have been warranted by HQ in a most excellent fashion.
  • I have no doubt that Julie will beat me for the title of the best egg dealer in the country!
    She has much more energy than I do.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    My dealer is a good guy.He has a pretty good inventory.He is fairly knowledgeable.If he does'nt know something he will at least research and try to find out an answer.I ordered a nest handler and he said ...a what??? :laugh: But he got me one! :)
  • I wish I could say the same as most of you. Unfortunately here in Cedar Falls, Iowa, the only dealer is the ACE HARDWARE. they always have to special order things in so then you have to wait forever. It seems here in this area, the eggs were being sold @ John Deere dealerships, Case IH dealerships, Ace hardwares, and etc. I wish we had a dealer like before that was dedicated to grilling. They carried fireplaces, awesome grills made by several manufacturers and the complete line of the one and only BGE. If I had the support of the territory I would open my own store!!!
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Julie, I haven't read the rest of the posts, but I can tell you that my dealer is top notch!!! What sold me was him telling me what he was cooking on the egg (and he cooks on it pretty much everyday). He is a dealer in po-dunk Collins, MS, but he doesn't have to advertise (much to my disappointment, since we own the newspaper there ;) ...). (He is a top seller for GE, which brings in the customers anyway.) He just tells people about his personal experience with the egg... If you guys decide to be a dealer, you will do wonderful with it!!! :)
  • Mainegg
    oh Dan you are to funny! on both accounts!! All I do is write checks to your MOTHER!! she has all our money! LOL
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    my local dealer sucks!! and i am not affraid to say that it is Nodak, in Fargo, ND!! People do yourself a favor and go to Fergus Falls and buy there!!
  • I am actually not loacated in Knoxville. I am about 2 1/2 hrs. away from knoxville so I don't think I can help you out in renting an egg. Sorry dirty