Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do people do when not egging...or what do you do for a living

Options

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Bobby-Q:[p]A little over twenty years ago I left the mailing list business and became a construction project manager specializing in interior tenant finish. Along the way I have dabbled in a little real estate. This next year I will be expanding my real estate holdings.

• yaB
    yaB Posts: 137
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Twenty years in the USN, then twenty more with a "Large Aerospace/Defense Contractor", and here we are. [p]It's been fun so far, but now and again the concept that it's time to let go and share the fun comes to the fore... Maybe next year...[p]Bob
  • Myself and Ms. Diane are both retired high school teachers. I taught Building Construction and she Math. I may have to hook up a part time job to support my BBQ contest habit. We both are EGGHEADS and both enjoy the contest scene and the folks involved in it. As Dr.BBQ told us, Looks like we HOOKED!! Life is good!!
    Good Eggin to All,
    Poppasam & Ms. Diane

• Bobby-Q,[p]Swimsuit model.
  • Bobby-Q,
    I work on aviation parts for the fourth largest airline in the world, for now, dreaming of that day when I can open a smokehouse-brewpub!!

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]I started as a combustion engineer getting paid to set things on fire - now I'm a boring mechanical engineer getting paid to do enough not to get fired. [p]Forever trying to figure out a way to do my hobbies for a living . . . [p]TRex
  • djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Scottie:[p]And a very cute one too! Promise me you will never shave!

• Parrothead
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    For now I own and operate 8 Subway sandwich shops and just opened my first coffee house in September. Needless to say, I stay fairly busy, BUT I make time for the egg!![p]Wobbly pops to ya!![p]PH

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris
  • Q-rious Tom
    Options
    Bobby-Q,[p]Jeez -- what a buncha geeks![p]Uh - I sysadmin a major manufacturer's SAP/R3 unix server farm, but I've got it automated to the point I don't call it work (3 years to retirement and counting :-)[p]Tom
  • Retired 6 yrs ago after 30 years as a city firefighter.
    Just retired my chimney sweep business after 26 years.
    Now involved in lifestyle development with a group on the internet.
    Been egging for 18 months.
    Cook at home, mostly on the egg, M-F, while wife cooks on the weekends.

• egghead2004
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Do you do any work with The May Company? I worked for Filene's for 3+ years. When I first started they had the old IBM Series One machines with 8" or 10" floppy drives. In 99, we converted to new OS/2 PCs.

• Love Handles
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I own a custom paint and body shop. Check it out at custompaint.biz. In my spare time, I ride Harleys and cook hunks of meat on my BGE's. Big fan of Lakers, Dodgers and Rams. See-Yaa

• egghead2004
    Options
    South O,
    Didn't it seem like the job to have when you're looking from the outside in? I know I fought, to get in, now I can't wait to get out.

• Rumrunner
    Options
    rumlabel.jpg
    <p />Bobby-Q, retired meat person who enjoys playing video golf (Golden Tee, ranked Silver), bbq'ing and reading. Any activity is fine as long as BEER is involved some where in the equation ;)

[ul][li]Meat abd Que Questions?[/ul]
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I spend my days marketing and advertising some of the best products ever to hit the BBQ world! I plug the Wonderful and Sensational Egg alot too :)[p]BBQ Bob Trudnak

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Rumrunner,
    from the looks of that pic, i'm thinking they ASKED you to retire.[p]looks like you picked up a touch of the 'Mad Cow' there, rumrunner....[p]hahahaha[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Rumrunner,
    That Golden Tee is a great game. Me and some buddies have been hitting it for a few years now. We normally just throw in a buck or two for first eagle, most greatest shot points, and lowest score. The joint that we play it in also gives us a round of drinks whenever he manage to get a hole in one.[p]Brews,
    Matt.

• egghead2004,[p]Mostly. I enjoy what I do for the most part but the company that I work for has gone through some changes during the last couple of years. [p]Either way, I guess that the grass is always greener...[p]Matt.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I'm surprised; no docs yet! I'm a Gyn doc in private practice after 34 years in an academic center educating new docs and doing infectious disease research. The "private" part means I work part time and spend as much time as I wish with my cooking.

• Rumrunner
    Options
    South O, I think I started playing it in '96 or '97. I should be better than I am, but only play serious when it's online tournament time. Won $575 last year and $250 so far this year. Not much, but it's better than a stick in the eye ;)

• Bobby-Q,[p]Engineer for the local TV station. Started out testing and repairing video equipment for an electronics manufacturer in the mid eighties, then started here about 10 years ago.
  • Outlaw
    Outlaw Posts: 11
    Options
    Bobby-Q,
    I am a retired finance director with a large aerospace company in Orlando. Now enjoying the mountains of North Carolina where we have started raising a garden and canning the vegetables, making homemade sausage, and have just got started making homemade wine.
    All of these are connected in some way to the Egg.[p]Outlaw

• egghead2004
    Options
    Outlaw,
    Home made wine, my second favorite hobby. Used to be my favorite til Mr. Egg came along.[p]What kinds of wine do you make?[p]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,770
    Options
    egghead2004,
    are you growing your own grapes,ive been looking for varieties that grow well up here. had a huge blueberry crop at my camp this year, next year i will be prepared to make some blueberry wine, but will want to do some grape planting.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    FlatEric,
    Too Phunny! The boys from Phish are here in Vermont and are doing a lot of solo projects and playing locally. Although I'd have to say my favorite band at this time is Sonia Dada......check out the website:[p]www.soniadada.com[p]I'll be seeing them on January 1st.

• egghead2004
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I looked into the grape growing, only some white wine grapes can handle the winters here. I planted 4 vines, 2 white, 2 red when I moved into my house in 2001. Neither of the red mad it through 2002-03 winter, the whites didn't make it through this past winter. I guess -20 for a night or 2 killed them. It's too bad, I had one of the vines trained nicely.[p]I have made blueberry and blackberry wines, I think a nice blueberry port is on my to do list next summer.[p]For table wine, I've had good luck with RJ Spagnols Platnum kits. I take my time with them and they produce a quality wine. I have not bought a bottle at the store in almost a year.[p]Tonight will be Spatchcock chicken on the small egg if I can fit it, with a bottle of Shiraz for me. [p]It will be a fun night cooking on the egg, with all of this ice falling.

• fishlessman
    Options
    egghead2004,
    ive got a concord that grows well and may lighten up a bit mixed with the blueberries, but ive tried to grow a few other varieties and they die or wont produce. have fun in the ice

fukahwee maine

• egghead2004
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I forgot, Concord will grow here, but I'm not a fan of it. How was it with the blueberries?

• fishlessman
    Options
    fishlessman,
    thats something not trid yet, but the blueberry crop was huge this year. 4 bushes produced at least 4 five gallon buckets worth. next year it will be wine.

fukahwee maine

• Outlaw
    Outlaw Posts: 11
    Options
    egghead2004,
    I have my first batch going now, an RJ Spagnols riesling. I'm going to start some tomorrow from Welch's frozen concentrate... white grape/peach/apple. Next I have a kit of cabernet sauvignon to try.
    Fresh fruit is slim pickins now so I can't try those types until summer.
    I would appreciate any advice, recipes, etc. Just e-mail me a note.[p][p]Thanks
    Outlaw