Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Work in Progress

Options
jetmech
jetmech Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Almost done, have a few things to add and touch up but it's made it to a state of being usable.

65368814.jpg

Comments

• Adult ADHD
    Options
    Is this a local red cedar? Cedar is my favorite. I really wished I had used for my table. What is going to happen on the back with the 4x4s?
  • jetmech
    Options
    Picked up the lumber at Menards. It could have been from anywhere but I either have or have access to good quality woodworking tools. A few runs through the planer and it really made the rough cut look fantastic. I just coated with a couple coats of satin spar varnish. The 4x rear uprights are going to get post cap lights, mostly for effect and too make it a little different. I may do something like add a shelf to the left side. My bottle opener and catch can are on the way, unfortunately I could not find one for my school and neither of the two beer brands I am most partial had the catch can so I went with choice #3
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Very nice job, you will get years of pleasure from your egg and that table :cheer:
  • jetmech
    Options
  • sbmfj
    sbmfj Posts: 37
    Options
    Very nice. Did you use the Whiz's instructions? If so, did you drill the hole for the wheel's axle at the height in the instructions? Reason I ask is that the Whiz's plans are designed for a 10" hard wheel, whereas you and I are using a rubber air wheel, and I wasn't sure if it would absorb allot of the weight, and result in the table being uneven (ie not level).
    Thanks
  • jetmech
    Options
    Thank you. Yes I used NW's plans as a base. I bought those wheels at Tractor Supply Co and instead of using a threaded rod, I used a 5/8 x 8" bolt with a couple large area washers, a lock washer and nut. The tires seem fine underthe weight and when I put them on I stood on the end and bounced to see how the weight would be supported. I weigh 190# and all was good with me on there. I bought the hardware at TSC as well in the hardware by the pound section. Measurement seemed good and it had clearance when I brought the table home and moved it around back to my deck. Had I thought ahead, I would have drilled the holes in a press instead of winging it with a drill. I don't have camber issues but I do have a little bit of toe out ;)
  • grillman16
    Options
    Wow...Looks Great...Can I pay you to make one just like that for me!!! How much $$ do you have invested in the table itself?
  • jetmech
    Options
    Thank you! It's really not alot. I caught the lumber on sale at Menards and spent $96 in wood, about $20 for the wheels and hardware, $15 in the handle and another $15 in the tiles and paver. Lights are coming and that will add to the cost but shouldn't be too bad. If you're near Indy I'd be glad to help you out.