Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brand new Egg!!

Options
sbmfj
sbmfj Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi,

Just picked up my egg in Vermont on Friday. Planning on building my table today, and get egging real soon! Im using naked whiz's plans, and in the plans they ask the reader to determine whether they have a 'Autolock hinge' or a 'spring hinge'. My place is kinda small, so I dont feel like unpacking the egg just yet (wont have room to build my table) so would anyone know off hand which one I have?

The store I bought it from, had special ordered it for me.

Thanks!!

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    You will have to look, but you are probably safe in assuming you have a spring hinge. The autolock hinge hasn't been sold for quite some time now. Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Options
    Congrats! Welcome to the forum. Enjoy you BGE. I have had mine since May and it amazes me everyday. The website and "the family" are very helpful. I do suggest that you type in question or idea into the search forum. It probably has been done before and saves time. Again Enjoy.

Stef in Brunswick, Oh.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    sbmfj, Welcome to the forum. Keep coming back this place is so worth it. Tim ;)

Hope you have a good digital camera cause your gonna need one. ;)