Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Drama At The Chicken Ranch

Comments

• You mean like this one?

ZipperKnee.jpg

The doctor got a kick out of it.

Spring "Zip De Doo Da Zip De Day" Chicken
  • Yes, I like that one.

Spring "Sick Of Being Sick" Chicken
  • I've been saving mine 'til they made it easier.

Think'n I'd rather be toss'n a wee bit o' scotch than a whole lot o' caper, if it's all the same to ya.

Spring "Thought-Toss'n Is An Up-In-The-Air Event" Chicken
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Better than loaded and half cocked :whistle:
  • So I said to my doctor, "I like to cook BBQ."

And he said, "Well, you're gonna die!"

So I said, "Naaaaaaaa!"

And he said, "Yep!"

And Spring Hen said, "He said no such thing."

And I said, I think I heard him say just that."

And she said, "He just said to cut back on certain foods."

And I said, "I'm gonna die!!!"

Spring "Life As I Remember It" Chicken
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Now-a-days, many doc's are adhering to the use of velcro (oh dear!)..
  • will be waiting for pictures of said stones , prominently diplayed in the Coop. until then i will be content with my prayers for your speedy recovery
    bill

take the chicken chucker to the hopital, aim it at the nurse and tell her you want jello shots , not jello. B)
  • Yuck! That wouldn't fly well in the Coop. I'll just carry them around in my pocket.

As for the Chicken Chucker, I think maybe I'd better leave it where it be. A patient armed with a Chicken Chucker can be considered a danger. Don't want them shoot'n me with nerve block or something.

For those who don't know, the Chicken Coop has its own arsenal of 'weapons.'

ChickenChucker-1.jpg

Spring "Armed To The Beak" Chicken
  • if i lived closer i would bring mine and stand guard ...
    911..... there is a drunk with a chicken chucker on med surg 4
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Good luck Leroy,

I think ya got a few thousand miles left in ya. Think of it as a catalytic converter. You will run way better without it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Leroy:

Maybe that tombstone should read --
    Here lies Leroy, at least what's left of him!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    You crack me up, Leroy. I shouldn't be enjoying your post on bad news so much, but I am. LOL I will say prayers for a quick and painless procedure with a speedy recovery and hopes that you won't need the drugs they give you for anything other than recreational use! I know Judy will take good care of you.
  • Thanks Steve. A thousand 'feet' would be appreciated and a few thousand 'miles' GREATLY appreciated.

Doesn't a catalytic converter take the stink out of emissions? I think Judy would appreciate that I made more frequent use of mine. Know what I mean?

Spring "Exccccuuuussssssssssseeee Me” Chicken
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Well, good to know you won't miss any meals!
  • Ha... You're just trying to say a lot in a few words. Less chance of getting stoned on dust.

Spring "Bigger Headstones Don't Open Doors" Chicken
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Leroy,

Never trust one!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Well thank you, I think LOL

I've never had it so bad as a lot of people older and younger than me. I just try to make lite of the process of living.

I'd rather not be taken too serious. No one would pay me any attention.

Spring "There's Still Life At The Middle Of The Tunnel" Chicken
  • You realize that hospitals consider broth and Jello, 'meals.'

'Well balanced meals' means a couple of stale crackers to go with either the broth or the Jello (my choice).

Spring "Taking A Sack Lunch To Surgery" Chicken
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Here's what the surgeon told me were common traits:

Fair complexion - check
    Female - check
    Over forty - check
    Fat - (what a jacka$$) - half-check
    (He later suggested that weight loss had likely played a factor in my attacks).

I put mine off for years - hindsight is 20 - 20. Yank it out and never look back... ;)
  • I hear you and if I could walk forward without looking back without tripping, I would.

Spring "Backing Up Is Like Going Forward In Reverse" Chicken
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Wish you well, Mr. Leroy. I had mine removed in 2004, after I thought I was having a heart attack. Couldn't believe how much pain that was. Good thing was that the docs were able to fix up the umbilical hernia I had. That piece actually hurt quite a bit more afterward than did the gall bladder surgery.

Got a kick out of the "parts is parts..." note.
  • I had mine removed on New Years eve of 2008. After the procedure I went home and took a Darvocet and went to bed,,,,,,,,I didn't wake up until the following year. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

True story. There are times when I wish I still had that little sucker. With all the rich, fatty food around these parts, a little extra bile, and bilirubin comes in handy.
  • I was home the same day!!
    You'll just need to figure out what foods might get up going....So to speak!
  • Thanks Mike, I've been told it can hurt like the dickens but so far mine has only been slightly painful. But years ago I had a hernia and that sucker hurt something terrible. I couldn't get comfortable in any position. Fortunately, the doctor used laproscopic surgery and I was home the same night totally pain free. What a relief that was.

Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing you in Plano.

Spring "Pain Is Something You Know When You've Got It" Chicken
  • Well, I've got some Darvocet and a good bed, so I should be okay for the first night at home. Then I've got to cook something on the Egg to see if I can eat it. Like an ABT. If I can hang in there with a couple of those I should be good to go for everything else.

Spring "Got Me A Plan A" Chicken
  • My surgery is about 2:30 in the afternoon, so I'm spending the night there. I'm okay with that, especially knowing that I would be in good hands if things got worse during the night.

I know some people, including Eggheads, who had their GB removed and they eat/drink whatever they want without a problem. Even so, I'll probably eat more bushes and fishes and stuff like that until I get the hang of it.

Spring "Fat Lubricates One's Innards" Chicken
  • Having been there and done that I can say that it was an almost painfree operation. Slight itching on the small scars and an ouchee when I bent over. That only lasted about a week.

Spacey
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    My sister and I once did a survey of parts we had that are there no longer or have been patched, fixed, mended, or otherwise altered. Discovered that if we obtain a spine and one ear we can pretty much make a person out of those parts. The bionic woman..on sale, minor factory defects.

On the good side, having major body organs removed IS a hell of a weight loss program!

mShark
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Getter done Leroy. No one should have to live with a bunch of pain let alone the thought of more pain to come. Wishing you well. Tim :)
  • I would like to think I could lose enough ounces to catch up on my Ounce-a-Day diet but I'm thinking I might get rid of only a couple of week's worth, including the marbles.

Talk to Grandpa's Grub about how much he lost. I'm betting he had to hit the men's clothing store for a new wardrobe.

See what's left of you in Plano.

Spring "Soon To Be Eligible For The Civilian Purple Heart" Chicken