Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carwash Mike has passed away. Rest well CWM!

1235»

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Thanks for all the great advice that you gave me throughout the last two years Mike. I never met you or spoke to you personally, but all the stories from the friends who did- truly paints the picture of one of the nicest, most unselfish, giving people anyone could ever meet. May you rest in peace my friend.
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Shocked, saddened, knotted inside. Rest in Peace Mike. I am so glad to have gotten to know you better over the past few years - every fest found us talking more and laughing louder. I hope you and K are dancing on the smoke clouds we all create...
  • TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    Thanks for your contributions and rest in peace.....
    You will be missed.
  • OttawaEgg
    OttawaEgg Posts: 283
    Not having known him, but still I'm certain I've followed his advice here on more than one occasion.

Rest well with God CWM.

Tim
  • Grumps
    Grumps Posts: 186
    Wow! I sincerely do not think that I have ever been as saddened about the death of someone who I have never met. This past weekend I did an experiment with the CWM quick ribs. I told my wife that excellent spareribs in 2 hours and 20 minutes were unheard of but that Car Wash Mike said they were good and that he was "the Man" when it comes to ribs. She chuckled at his name and I explained that he owned car washes. My wife made fun of me as I meticulously documented my cook and took pictures of the end result. I told her that wanted the post of my experiment to be up to CWM standards. I told her that CWM would not say much about any taste differences between CWM ribs and CWM quick ribs..he just kept posting that "you should try them".

It is because of CWM that I tried the cook. I even got my wife to notice all of the subtle differences between the quick ribs and my normal ribs. I will post the results of the CWM quick sparerib experiment this weekend.

I know this is long, but I just hope if CWM has family reading these posts that they understand how much pleasure CWM has brought to eggers like me and to the scores of egger-wannabes who gather around breakroom tables on Mondays to eagerly hear about our weekend adventures with the BGE. R.I.P. Car Wash Mike, you will be missed.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    i just noticed in his obit. that he was a fellow member of Alpha Tau Omega. different colleges, but same fraternity. in a way, that makes us brothers.

The Alpha Tau Omega Creed

To bind men together in a brotherhood based upon eternal and immutable principles, with a bond as strong as right itself, and as lasting as humanity; to know no north, no south, no east, no west, but to know man as man, to teach that true men the world over should stand together and contend for supremacy of good over evil; to teach not politics, but morals; to foster not partisanship, but the recognition of true merit wherever found; to have no narrower limits within which to work together for the elevation of man than the outlines of the world; these were the thoughts and hopes uppermost in the minds of the founders of the Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity.

- Otis Allan Glazebrook, 1880
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    I just back on the forum today, Because of Mike I put mustard on my ribs and pork butt, they are the best. May you rest in pease and my prayers are with your family and friends. The class you taught was the best. I bet my dad is asking you to cook on the BGE if there is one there. He loved the ribs and pizza on it. You were the best, answering any questons and helping others whiched we could of helped you. Will miss you greatly. Take care. Very saddened and crying.

Love ya all,

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Sorry for the late reply but I have been away for a while. I am saddened by the loss of Mike and I feel truly honored to have finally met him in Atlanta last year. I know we will all miss him as a friend and a true attribute to this forum. We will miss you Mike.
  • Have not been here in a long time. So sad to learn about Mike's passing. He was always helpful and got me started on the right foot many years ago. Rest peacefully in the presence of the Lord, Mike.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    I have been gone from the Forum for a very long time, and am stunned to learn that Mike has died... way back in July.

When I was just beginning to use my egg, he quickly became on of my tutors... came to my home to participate in Mid-Winter Egg-Fest.

Blessings for Mike and those who loved him.

~ Broc
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    I feel he got a good send off. As good of one we could do. Tim :)