Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

More Drama At The Chicken Ranch

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I apparently wore out another body part and the doctors said it's better to remove it completely rather than try to patch it up. Seems there's a bunch of stones in my gall-bladder.

Spring Hen is going to tell the story afterward that "I lost my marbles."

Until I had this happen I didn't know what a gall bladder was. It seems to be an unneeded organ left over from an early form of man. The surgeon said they've known for four centuries that it was unnecessary. Funny, he didn't look near that old.

Surgery is done laproscopically in about one hour and I'm home the next day. I can pretty much resume my normal activities within three or four days.

The reason I'm reporting this is because some of you are fast approaching my age and might want to know these things. Also, women are more prone to have the problem than men. Lots of people have it done and keep going like nothing happened.

It's not something you have to have checked every year. You'll know when it starts to hurt, if ever.

I probably won't even make a movie of it. That's how simple the problem is...

When I finally crow my last breath my tombstone will probably read: Here lies Leroy, Except For A Prostate, A Gall Bladder, A Couple Of knees, A Few Teeth and Some Hair

Spring "Parts Is Parts Until You Run Out Of ‘em" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments