Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Belated Eggwegofest pics

Boilermaker Ben
Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my photos uploaded, finally.

Another great fest, this year.
Morning setup...the cooks gather, the eggs are lit.
IMG_5635.jpg

ClayQ sets up his gorgeous table.
IMG_5632.jpg

Another work of art, this year.
IMG_5633.jpg

I'm sure he was answering questions about it all day long.
IMG_5636.jpg

RoosterK serving up some fantastic Asian-inspired chicken wings.
IMG_5637.jpg

Attn: Hoss and Richard Fl...loney made an appearance. My wife loved it.
IMG_5639.jpg

RRP passing around the Georgia Red Wings
IMG_5641.jpg

The egging brothers, Steve and Mark (Central IL Egger and ILL--Egger)...and no, the guy with the stylish hat in the first photo is not me...
Steve, and the guy with the great hat.
IMG_5643.jpg
Mark
IMG_5644.jpg

Clays wonderful wife DianaQ (bringer of the bubbles), serving up his pulled pork tenderloin.
IMG_5642.jpg

Our fest-neighbors and their planked mashed potatoes...they also served up a mouthwatering chocolate cake. They had quite a line waiting.
IMG_5650.jpg
TheDirtyBurger in his natural state...seated, beer in hand.
IMG_5653.jpg

BobbyQ and Jim from the mothership made it up for the fest again this year.
This egg will never be this clean again.
IMG_5646.jpg

Bobby preaching egg-gospel...after this he fed 5000 people (okay, maybe a few less than that) using only a couple dozen chicken thighs, and three tubs of margarine.
IMG_5648.jpg

He also served up pulled pork, featuring his soon-to-be-BGE-branded sauce. Fantastic stuff. Apparently my daughter wanted more. My wife says Elly came up to Bobby, held out her tray, and said "more, daddy?" I don't know what to think of this, but I understand the sentiment. It was good pork, and the sauce is fantastic.
IMG_5638.jpg

And finally a few food pics...
Scotch eggs
IMG_5652.jpg

Chicken sate
IMG_5651.jpg

And a couple of my offerings...
a pot of red...disappeared in about 5 minutes...if I hadn't tasted it while it was cooking, I wouldn't have gotten any.
IMG_5640.jpg

And one of my salmon preparations...the only one I got pics of. Many thanks to Beli for the idea of salmon, Raging River, Carnivore robust, and chopped tarragon. It's great stuff. Also many thanks to RogerT, fisherman extraordinaire, for providing all that wonderful salmon. I also prepared the Dizzy Pig maple salmon, jerk salmon, and I used some of RoosterK's asian wing sauce on the last fillet.
IMG_5654.jpg

Finally, thanks to Nancy, Dave, and the rest of the Floribunda crew, for a great time. We had a blast.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Ben,

Thanks for reviving our memories - it was a great time and already it seems sooooooo long ago...but just that much closer to the next one!

Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Thanks for sharing the pics BB - looks like a great time

Clay's tables are real neat

I noticed in the loney pic that there is mustard, mayo, BBQ sauce, and Purrel - just curious what condiment is best with loney :silly: ;)
  • Great Pic's and can't wait to do it agian next year.
  • I think the middle condiment is toothpick, not mayo. That's the only condiment I chose. I decided not to try the Purell, as I had already consumed plenty of alcohol at that point. :laugh:
  • Great Pics Ben, thanks for sharing~
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Thanks for the pic's! The Illinois brothers is a great shot with those sugar maple and sage fatties from the egg, was hard to stop eating them.
    Thanks for the salmon, all was cooked perfect! Ron's wings were sooo gooood, I visited him twice. :woohoo: And I ate much more, nothing I did not like. The warm double chocolate cake was awesome. Exotic sate chicken on a stick, Dirty Berger's sweet taters, BBQ pulled pork from Bobby Q...and much much more.
    Was good to connect with you again Ben.
  • Thanks Ben!
    I agree with Ron - it does seem like a long time ago! I also want to thank you for making sure that I got a taste of all your different salmon recipes - they were ALL delicious. Maybe that will be a 'rule' next year - save a taste for Nancy....
    PS - I have Ellie's sippy cup
  • RRP
    Nancy,

you also have Clay's martoonie glass? LOL

Every time I see that at your eggfest I think now that is classy! No redneck beverages for that dude!

Ron
  • I do have Clay's martini glass! Since he lives farther away I'll save it for him for next year. And yes, I agree, Clay is first class all the way - and so is Diana.

Or, he could pick it up at a class I'm having on Nov. 6th which is called 'A to D on the BGE' It will be a class on how to prepare your holiday meal on the Egg. Special attn will be on the turkey, but we'll do everything - Apps to Dessert! More info to follow...
  • RRP
    Nancy,

you have email. If you don't see it check your spam file as it seems like some of my emails end up there with some people.

Ron