Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggers in the Georgia Tech area?

Options
Sundown
Sundown Posts: 2,980
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My granddaughter is in her sophomore year at GT and asked if I could find anyone that would be willing to feed her "anything Egged."

I'd send her up to Grape Boy's but she'd get lost in the mountains! ;)

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I dunno, Carey. It'd probably be a real treat for her to have some really good chili for a change!! :P :laugh: :woohoo:
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    A few of us will be at the Ga Tech v Miami (Go Canes) game on Sat. November 13...we will be tailgating and I will probably be serving pulled pork fresh off the BGE. She is welcome to join us (most of the others will be Tech fans :pinch: ) so she will feel at home.

Contact me at

bludyung@yahoo.com and we can swap phone numbers, etc....
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Oh yeah you could sign her up for Eggtoberfest.... ;)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Now is that a jab or what!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Yeah........a jab!! But, an honest one!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    ROTFLMAO!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I'm doing some country ribs Friday night, just hanging out with a friend. I'm in Marietta, just off 75 about 20-25min north of GT. My daughter might be here, but not sure yet.
  • Sundown
    Options
    hey old fella! I knew that would pull you out of the trees. She's had the best chili there is and her dear ol' grandpa makes it for her whenever she wants it. 'Hey' to Jean.
  • Sundown
    Options
    jab indeed. Like his brand of chili, sorta soft and full of beans. :laugh:
  • madegger
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this site, but I have to say that soliciting a place for your daughter to go, unless you know the person, is pretty risky business. I understand the comroderie of egging, but anybody can be anybody on the net. You never know. just saying....
  • Eggnogstic
    Options
    :unsure: I totally agree this is not a bright idea. Who in this day and age would place their child in a potentially dangerous situation?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    What you guys are missing is that a good many of us have known each other for years, have met a number of times in person at fests, have opened our homes to one another on countless occasions, and generally trust one another more than we do our next door neighbor.

I agree, I wouldn't send my kids to eat with someone I didn't know, and (possibly speaking out or turn here)I don't believe that sundown's intent. He has met a good many Atlanta area eggers and was appealing to those that he knows to possibly host and feed his daughter.
  • Eggnogstic
    Options
    I've no doubt all of that may be true. If that's the case, pick up the phone and call one of the trusted people that you know and ask them personally to host your daughter. Don't throw out a public appeal exposing your family to potential problems. As for intentions? Well you know the old saying about what the road to hell is paved with...

Anyhow, carry on and good luck... :ermm: