Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Birthday, Cookn Biker

Options
2»

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Options

Hahahaha, you mean 'ol flea flickin, cow tippin G.W.? I'm sorry, I can't respond without getting political and that's against the rules here for a good reason. All I can do is quote the man. He was entertaining! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

"Do you have blacks, too?" —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating." —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

"It is white." —after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." —at a White House menorah lighting ceremony, Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." —Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

"I'm the master of low expectations." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things." —aboard Air Force One, June 4, 2003

"I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet….I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one." —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction." —Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"I try to go for longer runs, but it's tough around here at the White House on the outdoor track. It's sad that I can't run longer. It's one of the saddest things about the presidency." —interview with "Runners World," Aug. 2002

"Can we win? I don't think you can win it." —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, "Today" show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

“We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." —Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

“[A]s you know, these are open forums, you're able to come and listen to what I have to say.”

“You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on.”

“I admit it, I am not one of the great linguists.”

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—”

“This case has had full analyzation and has been looked at a lot.”

“Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness.”

“There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.”

“You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.”

“It's exciting; I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes.”

“I think we ought to raise the age at which juveniles can have a gun.”

“In my sentences I go where no man has gone before.”

“I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.”

“The thing that's wrong with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur”

“Most imports are from outside of the country”

“To those of you who received honours, awards and distinctions, I say well done. And to the C students, I say you, too, can be president of the United States.”

“A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it.”

“It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas.”

“I am the right.”

“Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods.”

“There's no such thing as legacies. At least, there is a legacy, but I'll never see it.”

“The legislature's job is to write law. It's the executive branch's job to interpret law.”

“Our nation must come together to unite.”

“I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to come and witness my hanging.”

“It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it.”

“When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the savior, it changes your heart.”

“We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans.”

“Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment.”

“The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants.”

• Gator Bait
    Options

Rebecca, you will never be an idiot or at least as long as you stay out of politics you will never be one. I have a hunch your just younger then a some of us and remember an interpretation that evolved out of the original. We all do it. It is the intent with which it was sent and the thought of the recipient it was sent to that matters and I thought you scored 100% on target. May the power of the flower live on. Peace! :)

Blair

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    happy birthday molly!! hope its a good one!!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Gary thanks, very interesting....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    That's interesting. I learned Semafore in the Boy Scouts about the same time as Morse Code. As soon as I read your trivia post I recalled how to make A through D.

Sure didn't know there was a connection to the Peace sign though, probably because I was on the "Kick Ass And Take Names" side and still in high school in 1958.

Spring "Peace Is That Period Just After Someone Wins A War But It Is Always Short Lived" Chicken
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Happy Birthday Miss Molly!!! :)

Nice job on the Egg ya big winner. :woohoo:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Happy B-Day Molly

IMG_1863-1.jpg
  • Popsicle
    Options
    Molly, happy birthday from the Popsicles. See you in Plano.
    Popsicle
    Willis Tx.
  • Serial Griller
    Options
    Happy Birthday ,Molly.
    You certainly don't look 40! :woohoo: :laugh: :blink:
  • Misippi Egger
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Molly.

I hope you enjoy a great day! :woohoo:

Sorry I'm not gonna make Plano this year - I know you guys will have a great time! :whistle:
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    happy happy birthday!!!!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    "Good Golly Miss Molly" how's the head today? :whistle:
    Happy Birthday
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Happy Birthday Molly! :cheer:

Hope we get to meet up sometime soon :)
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Happy Bday Molly! Hope it's the best one so far!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Darlin'!! Consider a leaf blower for all those candles. :lol::lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Happy B-day Molly we share a common b-day and I am only 29 so that would make you................... 28?

Have a great one and enjoy!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Welcome! CB is one of the coolest.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    We had a great time in Canada together and I will always remember your birthday celebration! YOU ROCK, Molly!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Big hugs from here too. Where are ya?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    All of what everyone else said! :P
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Let me add my best wishes to Molly on her special day.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Happy Birthday Molly!
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Lovenbrau
    Options
    Hope you have a great day, and thanks for all of your help and encouragement!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Yes indeed - Happy Birthday! :)
    PS - Congrats on the new egg....a nice win!
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Happy Birthday Molly. Manny more for sure. You go girl. I have always appreciated your help thanks a million. Wish you the best. Tim :)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Happy Birthday Molly! :cheer:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    You all are way too kind!! I am thankful for you all!!
    What is this rumor I'm going to be kidnapped and dragged to Plano?? :)
    Bottoms up...whoohoo!! B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE