Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WTF happened to the 9/11 remembrance?

Options
ResQue
ResQue Posts: 1,045
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Options
    It's been on the History Channel all day long. Agreed: Not prime channel.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ResQue
    Options
    Thanks but not what I was talking about, I should have clarified. I posted a remembrance here at 0846 and now it's gone. Somehow and for some reason it was removed.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Oh yeah. I saw that. I also saw some anti-Islam and anti-Christian comments. Hence, probably the reason for the drain plug. God help us if we ever wish someone a happy 4th of July. :angry:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Gator Bait
    Options

Hey Aaron, I intended to read it earlier and got side tracked so I didn't' get to see the content but it is hard to imagine why it was removed. I can't imagine that it contained any language or political content that would have offended anyone. Strange indeed!

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Thanks for the clarification Gary, I had not seen the content. Sorry if we have stooped so low. :(

Blair

• ResQue
    Options
    No kidding. It is sad that we can't even remember days like 9/11 without someone on here saying something stupid. I have about had enough of this. Might be time to move on.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Please don't do that.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • ResQue
    Options
    You at least saw the title and that's all I wanted. I used to say never forget but it appears as though a lot of people have forgotten except on the anniversary. I am sorry I am taking this a little hard but being both a former Marine and a firfighter, I take it a little more personally.
  • ResQue
    Options
    I don't want to because I like most of the people here and enjoy reading posts and learning new things. Maybe a break from it.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

I don't blame you Aaron, it is a shame if someone trashed your intent with childish stupidity. I didn't get to see the content that Gary did but that would explain it. I don't see how anyone that witnessed 9/11 can forget. Do we really learn so little from our past?

Blair

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I didn't see your post, but want to say this - I will never forget. I hope and pray that our leaders never forget and that we all remain on guard until every threat is neutralized - whatever it takes. And I don't give a crap what any detractor wants to say about it. I love this country - God Bless America.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Amen!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Gator Bait
    Options
    Tweev_tip wrote:
    I should have just reported the user to begin with rather than being the forum sheriff. Sorry about that.

Sorry it happened Tweev and your right about being sheriff, the pay just isn't there. I leave that to the pro's unless the language gets too gnarly or political for me and then I ask for action on the Forum Feedback thingy. I'll give you credit for standing up and explaining what happened to Aaron's post. There are some that would have just said #!$@ $%&%@#%. Sorry can't say that here.

Blair

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Once again, tweeve opened his/her yapper when not needed. Must have gone on far enough to get dumped.

I'll say "God Bless America"...
  • misfit
    Options
    maybe it should have been worded with "Radical Islam", would that make youu feel better?
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    I don't see why it'd be a spit in the face of Western troops and other in Iraq and Afghanistan, myself. As for the 200 million or so lunatic Islamists who would be upset, I could care less.
  • misfit
    Options
    billions of people? how many billions? who or what said belief has the largest following, and do I bonk Buddha or Kali Ma? Not starting something with you, just saying somehow I did not see the insult to the troops, if that is what you read into that comment.
  • Abe Froman
    Options
    I wish there was a way I could filter out every single thread, so I couldn't even see it, that tweev gets involved in. It seems to me that every thread I have seen him post in goes downhill fast.

He alone, makes checking this forum a blood pressure raising event.

It bothers me that the forum masters allow constant instigating from him.
  • AnnaG
    AnnaG Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Howdy! I have been away from the forum for awhile (personal/business related), so you don't know me from Adam's house cat. I just wanted to say that it would be a shame for you to leave the forum over something like this.

There are LOTS of people here and everyone has their own opinion about politics, religion, etc. This site is mostly geared towards cooking on the BGE, but sometimes things go haywire because of a personal opinion expressed. That is all that it is, just an opinion. No reason to leave the forum, in my humble "opinion". :)
  • Ex-Gasman
    Options
    There is only one person that needs to leave, and thats the new sheriff in town and we all know who that ahole is now dont we.......
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I respect the members of the armed forces(and fireman) tremendously, but am a little tired of hearing comments about how "9/11" means more to them. "Serving" doesnt make one more patriotic.

And regarding the other thread being deleted.....not surprising that it was, seeing who was involved. This forum has been on a slippery slope since he arrived.....Friggin Sad! Now he thinks he somehow has the right to govern things around here.?