Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smartphone App for forum?

Options
Cobra
Cobra Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I sat out on the deck tonight grilling dinner, and playing on my iPhone, I thought to myself, self, why isnt there a better app for the forum on the iPhone?

Has this been discussed on here before? Anyone know what it would take to make an app that would make it much easier to use on a phone for reading and posting?

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    I do the flat forum view on my iphone, and sort with the newest topics at the top. Thats the best I have found. I do about 90% of my forum browsing/posting on the iPhone, its not ideal, but the settings I outlined seem to be the best for me. Now for my Blackberry, well that thing is even worse on the forum ...

I would like it if a RSS feed was provided, I use that for other forums and it works well. Or maybe a "new since last visit" feature like the bubba keg forum has, that really helps. Maybe someone else will chime in with something I am missing that could be used.

EDIT: just found the "new since last visit" feature, will have to play around with that. I am glad you asked, I need to dig a little ....
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    Post it when you find it. Great Idea. I have an Android. I like the way the facebook app works.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I do what you do and its ok, just slow and you have to catch up each time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.