Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking today?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    It ALL looks great but that BAIL GRIDDLE has me DREAMIN!!! B)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

You should have stopped by - your welcome anytime. Jon and his wife was here as well as the rest of the crew.

I have to get the pictures off of the camera and post the cook graph. The pork always turns out great. I was pretty pleased with the brisket.

Send me a link to your cook I am interested on seeing it and knowing how it turned out.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Tonight is going to get pretty cold. We have had a cold front move in also so temperatures have fallen quite a bit from the last two days. It is nice cool fall weather. We are supposed to get down into the low 40's in the next few days. Hope we don't skip over fall too quickly.

That really sounds great. I would sure like to see that cook and know more about it, recipe and such.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Looks great, I need to give those a try.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Great looking eats there. I am not sure if my DO lids are clean enough for cooking on... or is that a bail griddle.

Tried to find that skillet down here but no luck. Looks like it will have to be mail ordered in.

Thanks for reminding me about your brisket and burnt ends page. Reading through it all again really helped me out. (for those who are wondering what articles I am talking about jump up to thirdeye's post and click on the links. It's a great place to spend some time reading).

It was my best brisket yet, not quite what I am striving for but dang good. I think I need to try some injecting of the flat. The point cooked quicker and was more tender than the flat.

Kent
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC08598a.jpg

Yes that's a griddle with a bail.

For the square one... did you check Sportsmans Warehouse or a farm & ranch store like Big R? I wonder if you can search for Lodge dealers from the Lodge site. Sometimes the oddest stores have a lodge display.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Here is that link Kent.