Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to get a large into a Prius?

Options
nlsteve
nlsteve Posts: 44
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I may have the happy problem of having to get a used large BGE into a Toyota Prius tomorrow. Hoping someone can suggest the best way to do this.
Will it fit sitting upright in a rear seat with a seatbelt?
Or laying down in the back, with the car seats folded down?
If you've done it before, i could use some help.
Thanks.

Comments

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    I say put the Prius in the egg and get someone with a truck to come pick the egg up! ;)

Sorry. I know that was no help but I had to say it.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    You'll find out tomorrow! :laugh: Search U-Haul!!! :)
  • Hoss
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: B) !!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Hoss,

Couldn't the base ride shotgun and then sport the dome as a hat? :huh:
  • Hoss
    Options
    :huh: Yu talkin bout the Egg or the Prius???? :laugh:
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    I brought my LG Egg home in a prius but the dome was separated from the base. If it fits in the back seat thats were I would put it

Ross
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Please tell me how it worked out for you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    I have a 1984 nissan 300 zx that I brought home my egg in. Determination is what will make it happen.

My car has no back seat.....its a hatchback......and it happened.
    Good luck :P
  • BuffaloBrewer
    Options
    make sure you have the white plastic retainer clips to hold the bands together. Loosen the bands to separate the dome from the bottom. Bring sacrificial seat covers etc.. Take the innards out and put in trunk. put dome in back seat, put bottom in front seat. fasten seat belts. Don't think about the first cook until you pull into your driveway. reassemble. put in lump, light, open beer, drink beer, and cook. enjoy.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nlsteve
    nlsteve Posts: 44
    Options
    Update from the OP:

I did acquire the large BGE as planned. The bands were loose and dome was separate from the base, so no problem transporting it under the hatchback. . .

Thanks for the helpful suggestions & the chuckles (like the suggestion to put the Prius into the egg. . . )

I will shortly post some pictures of what I acquired & ask you for your advice on how to rehab this puppy.

Steve
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Do you ever post an opinion without derisively mocking the opposite opinion? The condescension in your posts is why you got a bad reputation around here when you first started posting. Seriously, do you read what you write or consider that you are really derogatory a lot of the time.

Yea, I drive a truck. But I've also owned some of the finest german and asian automobiles. I'll take my pickup any day over any of them.