Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I did it!

Options
2»

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Felicidades & welcome to the best forum you can find west of....mmmmmmm well west of the farthest east limit you can think of..... :P
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Congratulations and welcome to the forum. We will be looking forward to reading and seeing your cooks.

You are in for a lot of good eats.

GG
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. You will be a different person by this time next year and you will still only have touched the tip of the iceberg. Tim :)
  • Lovenbrau
    Lovenbrau Posts: 307
    Options
    play around with temp control (which is easy) and then cook what ever you choose, you can not go wrong, the egg is very forgiving!
  • No Trash
    No Trash Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome to the Family... keep it simple a few cooks. It is very easy and forgiving. You almost can goof it up. Enjoy you new toy.. but be carefull, it is addictive ;) .
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Wow not that is a true statement, I have overcomplicated the EGG on many occasions and each of those is when cooking was not fun. Just relax with the EGG, experiment, and keep up on the forum.

This forum has some of the best people around and are always willing to help, encourage, and laugh.

Welcome to the family...
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Options
    You will have a blast learning on an egg!
  • EggcitedinNJ
    Options
    Once again thanks everyone for the warm welcome and encouragement. I'm very eggcited to start cooking and can't wait until delivery is made Tuesday morning. I still haven't decided on my first cook, probably chicken with a Dizzy Pig rub, but I decided that my second cook is going to be pastrami. I'll be following the Thirdeye's recipe and will start the 48 hour Sunday night so that I'm ready to cook the meat on Wednesday.

I've assembled all I need to get started upon delivery and after watching the DVD, but am now concerned that I got a little over zealous when I puchased a BGE place setter yesterday as I now think a more versatile alternative would be to get the AR and spider combo from the Ceramic Grill Store and then purchase a small grid from my BGE dealer for indirects.

Decisions, decisions. :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Yes, decisions to make are fun when it comes to getting eggcessories for your egg. Tim ;)
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    My first cook was a pulled pork easy, Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new egg. Don't forget pics.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • EggcitedinNJ
    Options
    I need to set up a photobucket account.
  • EggcitedinNJ
    Options
    I can already see that. I need to be patient and get some experience in order to really evaluate what I need.
  • Uncle Phil
    Uncle Phil Posts: 669
    Options
    Welcome to the club! I know the feelings you describe. I think all of us here have felt all or most of them. My first cook with my large, I burnt the chicken! It still tasted great and I have never burnt anything again, except when I opened the lid too quickly TREXing a steak. I didn't need those eyebrows anyway. This is going to be one of the loves in your life and the friends you will make on this forum are priceless. I learned more from these guys and gals about cooking in general let alone the egg-world than I can tell you. Don't ever be afraid to ask a question and share your cooks with us all. Pics are neat to post. The NakedWhiz website is a great one to bookmark. Its like the go to place when you need to know something that has been thoroughly researched. Most of all, have fun.

Uncle Phil