Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can\'t return emails

Options
hornhonk
hornhonk Posts: 3,841
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some of you asking questions about the Plano event are sending me mail I can't reply to. If you email through the forum, please leave your real email address. Burntraw, Darian, GOV and others, this is why you haven't heard from me. :(

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You gotta wipe out all the forum stuff in the addy for the reply to work...im my experience...but I'm no VIP..LOL..
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Click forward on the email then go into the subject area and copy the non forum email address which will show in the From: under the "---Oritinal Email----" heading.

If I sent you an email through the forum, and it reached you, when you pressed forward or reply you would see

Original Message
    From: Grandpas Grub @ eggheadforum.com [mailto:kentja@comcast.net]

When pressing reply the return address would be
    Grandpas Grub @ eggheadforum.com [mailto:kentja@comcast.net]

If you press forward then you can copy the kentja email address and paste it into the "To:" section and the email should process just fine.

The proper email address will also show in when looking at the email header information.

Kent
  • bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    Grandpas Grub wrote:

Click forward on the email then go into the subject area and copy the non forum email address which will show in the From: under the "---Oritinal Email----" heading.

If I sent you an email through the forum, and it reached you, when you pressed forward or reply you would see

Original Message
    From: Grandpas Grub @ eggheadforum.com [mailto:kentja@comcast.net]

When pressing reply the return address would be
    Grandpas Grub @ eggheadforum.com [mailto:kentja@comcast.net]

If you press forward then you can copy the kentja email address and paste it into the "To:" section and the email should process just fine.

The proper email address will also show in when looking at the email header information.

Kent

Scrub your email from this post quickly or it will get grabbed by SPAMbots.

There are automated programs that crawl through forums sucking up emails quicker than a 500hp Shop Vac.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    It seems that different mail services display the original senders' addresses differently. How you find the reall address will depend on what service you use.

Kent's message shows how Comcast's email system displays return addresses. Other people have similarly easy ways of getting to the true address (deleting the around the address, etc). Tweev's method is for Yahoo.
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I still can't get anything to work. I'll hit the return button ans keep getting that darn 'Mail failure junk. Very frustrating.