Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Angus Briskets $1.88 Per Pound!

GeorgiaBorn
GeorgiaBorn Posts: 178
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of you in the Atlanta area, the Sam's Club in Alpharetta has packer cut briskets on sale for $1.88 per pound. These are Angus Choice.

I just picked up two for myself. A 13 pounder and a 12 pounder. Just thought I would pass along what I think is a great deal for Angus.

Comments

• Wow, that's a steal! The last 4 or 5 I bought were between $4.00 and $4.29/lb. Good deal. Closest Costco is 45 minutes drive one way for me. :(
  • most beef is angus. certified black angus is another thing...

is it certified black angus?
    although the whole "black angus " thing is nothing more than a marketing ploy, the certifed angus beef program is a little different. they actually do grade the beef.

but 'angus' alone means nothing. that said, the word "choice" is more than enough to feel good about that deal you got. i don't see brisket here at that price (boston area)
  • Just says Angus, but I had bought a "select" brisket at Kroger yesterday for $2.29 per pound and a butcher around the corner from my house had Angus packer cut briskets for $3.99 per pound today. I took the one I bought at Kroger back and picked up the two at Sam's.

Hey Warrior...The Costco's here NEVER (Atlanta) have whole briskets, only flats. Just to reiterate, I was talking about Sam's Club, not Costco.
  • If you have a Restaurant Depot in your area and you have access, they have Angus Certified Choice brisket all the time in the $2.00 range
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    most beef is angus?