Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Troop Cooks: H&S Bn Marine Corp Reserve

Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow what a great two days. Eggheads came to serve and they stepped up well.

I want to thank my competition partner Chip Long (12 Step) for helping out and letting me stay at his home. Doug Vozza ("Sparky") for bringing his XL and the small to help cook the food.

Ted Kipreos who almost didn't get in. Apparently the Air Force was thinking he was a Greek bearing gifts LOL

Lynn Joseph who kept getting lost hehe..

Kevin Ricks and his lady.. I think he was thinking we were going to play golf... :P

Jim Robertson who by virtue of being Retire Military didn't have any issues getting on post..

The gate had a list, than it didn't have a list, than it did and left Ted's name off it..

Air Force was just jealous of the Marines.

Any rate Sparky has pictures and as soon as he figures out how to get them off the camera I am sure he'll post some.. In the mean time cook something :woohoo:

Thanks Ya'll for a great day..

Comments

• kmellecker
    kmellecker Posts: 332
    Celtic Wolf, You are a great American when America needs Great Americans. Semper Fi.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Glad to lend a hand Pete. Too bad those badass Marines don't want to deal with a crazy Greek Egger. Seriously, it is great to give back to these fine Americans who defend our freedom daily.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Pete,

We were glad to be able to help out. For anyone who has the opportunity to help Celtic Wolf for one of these I highly recommend it. Everyone is so appreciative of the food and the effort. It is a humbling and very gratifying experience.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Pete,it's always a pleasure to help out for such a great cause :woohoo: I had a great time hangin out with you and Chip,but the happy Marines really made it special :) I really hope that they enjoyed their family day as much as I did B) Here's a few pics.....

The set-up

DSC_0012-1.jpg

Pete's doing the dishes while Chip finishes setting up the camper

DSC_0029.jpg

All of the eggs are Guru'ed up and cooking(4 briskets&10 butts)

DSC_0055-2.jpg

Now that all the military meat is on the eggs,it's time to feed the cooks :woohoo:

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0078-1.jpg

Time for a break

DSC_0093-1.jpg

All of the food came out great,but here's the pics I got(I kinda had my hands full :) )

DSC_0102-1.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

And then Pete's hungry man breakfast,prepared by Chip.Man,this is some good stuff :woohoo: Here's the 12 eggs going in :)

DSC_0108-1.jpg

And then the 2nd shift showed up Sunday morning and really helped out with the side dishes,then the serving.

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0114-1.jpg

And finally,serving time

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0117-1.jpg

DSC_0120-1.jpg

DSC_0122-1.jpg

I apologise for the delay in posting these pics,but my internet was out until today :pinch: It was great meeting new people and hangin out with old friends.What a great way to spend a weekend ;)