Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Y0-2 Error, need help

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I have tried to make changes to my profile for the past year or so. I used to get "you are not allowed to view this" and now I get a Y-02 error. I would like to be able to check the ignore box, but this error message comes up. I have changed my password a bunch of times to try and get it to work.

I appreciate any help.
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I'm also having this same problem, and have had for a bit now.

Seems it won't let me
    change anything in my profile.

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    y-02 error no matter which way i get to my profile
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    i had the same issue too, chubby, maybe a month ago. they fixed it pretty quickly.
  • Chubby
    Options
    Thanks!!

I appreciate the "get'!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Chubby
    Options
    We appear to be a small...(but select) group!!

Here's to getting out'a this Club!!

Evans
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    we're special B)

it was kind of a problem during the carwashmike memorial as i wanted to remove my signature line for those posts but could not do it,,
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Florida Grillin Girl,

Probably you were having trouble because of an Eggtoberfest registration account using the same email address. I disabled that account as you won't be needing it anymore; and, hopefully you can now edit your profile. Give it a try and let me know if you're still having trouble.
  • WMK
    Options
    Chubby,

Yes, you are a small and very select group -- those that have duplicate errors of some sort (email address or handle).

These situations have come about because we recently blocked creation of accounts with duplicate handles or email addresses at the database; so, they cannot be created no matter what hole might exist in our old software. The error message is not very friendly, but it does prevent any further duplicates from being created.

I found only one other "Chubby" and disabled that account because it had never been confirmed. You should be able to save your profile now (unless there is another duplicate "Chubby" I missed, or other issue). Let me know if you have further problems saving your profile.
  • WMK
    Options
    bill,

Yes, you are special :-). As bill said, you are a small and very select group -- those that have duplicate errors of some sort (email address or handle).

These situations have come about because we recently blocked creation of accounts with duplicate handles or email addresses at the database; so, they cannot be created no matter what hole might exist in our old software. The error message is not very friendly, but it does prevent any further duplicates from being created.

Unfortunately, in your case, we have an battalion of "Bill"s and an army of its variants. I'll have to work out a way to fix these situations now that duplicates are not allowed by the database. Those that exist cannot be saved as they are.

This may take a little time; so, the quick fix for you is to change your handle (my solution will surely involve an automated handle change in any case -- one you might not like as much as one you choose).
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    yes there have been too many bill's of various spellings i will change my handle as that appears to be the easiest solution.. i did pick bill not only because it is my name but because i was born on the first of the month,, :laugh:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks so much for fixing this for me!! It works now.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    I can't change anything in my profile either, and get the "duplicate" error.

Can you correct this for me as well, WMK? Thanks, I just found this thread.