Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Building A Oddball Egg Table?

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,025
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Looking to build a table a little different from the rest. This is where I need some hints or ideas. I would like the table to be portable from in/out of the garage. Here are a few of my ideas: My first idea was to extend the tables back legs through the top of the table and frame it out into some type of back wall with shelves or some hooks for utensils. My second thought was making some type of wooden roof what connects to the table and collapses down for easy storage. No real point for now if I'm storing the table in the garage and it's not raining out. One of my most recent idea's is leaving the standard egg table shape and creating a 1800's wood style cart with some wagon wheels on one end and wooden feet on the other. The only problem is it's not very practical for space and storage for the egg accesories. Unless I can find some smaller wagon wheels. My other thought was a 1800's style wagon with the axles and wheels under the cart in front and back. Don't even know where I could find wagon wheels or axels. Maybe can find some old wagon wheels off Craigslist for cheap. Mayebe getting pretty far off my rocker on building a table. If anyone has any comments or suggestions that would great! The standard table just might be the best way to go.
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Go to www.customwagonwheels.com
    I have built two tables using Erics wheels. They are extremely well made and a good value. He now builds [not on the web site] small wheels with ball bearing axles, which is what I used. My first set were 12" which I decided were two small, so the second I went with 16" dia. Here is a pic :)
    4835836280_6617045f70_b.jpg

Hope this helps,

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Fireboy8
    Fireboy8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I really like the look, and the idea, of the wagon styled table. I would be a little cautious of putting a back or a roof on the table. You would have to leave enough room towards the back for the lid to still open. And with the roof, I would be concerned about the excessive smoke and grease build-up that would form on the bottom of it.