Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Table... COMPLETE!

Dex
Dex Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Just finished my new table. Made out of cedar with a granite top. I had a blast building it even though I did have an "oops" or two. Thought I would share some pictures.....

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I would like to give kudos to Naked Whiz for the plans. I followed them for the most part and made a few changes along the way by using 4x4 for the legs and making it a bit taller (I am 6'3)

DSC00172.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00212.jpg

DSC00214.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

Comments

• Gadfly
    Gadfly Posts: 121
    It's Beautiful!
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Beautiful job. Granite top is really nice. I only hope mine can turn out half this good :laugh:
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Very nice job! Glad you gottr' done :cheer:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • That looks great! I'm just starting to plan my table and am also 6'3" and appreciate the need for vertical modifications.

Why did you choose to have the egg opening so bight above the table top? I was thinking of making mine 1/4" below the hinge. I'm still in the preplannng stages obviously.
  • Dex
    Dex Posts: 85
    Tweev-tip wrote:
    That looks great! I'm just starting to plan my table and am also 6'3" and appreciate the need for vertical modifications.

Why did you choose to have the egg opening so bight above the table top? I was thinking of making mine 1/4" below the hinge. I'm still in the preplannng stages obviously.

I think understand your question. You want to know why my egg is so high above the counter top?

If that is the question, I really don't have a reason. I just followed the plans from Naked Whiz, and when I added my paver stone, thats just where it ended up. The only thing I altered from his plans on that was I didnt have the stone inlay in the wood. I have it on top instead.... so that added 3/4" which is not a big deal to me.

If you have any questions... just let me know!
  • Yes, sorry, i was typing on my ipod so i try to keep things short.

That does answer my question. I'm curious how the granite will hold up to the elements. I guess it is rock though is I would think pretty good. :)

It is missing the key beer opener then it will be complete! Good workmanship.
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    very nice - mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • highpress
    highpress Posts: 694
    Dex,
    that is a damn fine looking table... Now if i could get of my arse maybe i could make something like that....maybe.. good job.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Good looking table.. Well done.
  • Great looking table