Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Question on Table

Options
thegrillster
thegrillster Posts: 348
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there any warranty on the large bge table that is sold by the company?

Mine is beginning to lean to the left.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    one word...brace! The design has inherent weaknesses and I seriously doubt there is any warranty at all! You can shore it up using a diagonal brace on the back running from a top corner to a bottom corner.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    Yep, a 2 x 4 running across the back of it diagonally will shore it up . . . . or in my case it was over kill with a 2 x 10.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    RRP is correct in the design flaw.

If you don't want to run a brace all the way across the back you can use corner braces in the rear of the table at the joints of the top and bottom shelf. Four braces in all and that will square it up and prevent the tilt or lean from happening.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I was willing to let that one go, Mark, but as I recall I said something about you ought to see the wren house Mark built with the rest of that 2 x 10!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Anyone have a photo of this to help a carpentry challenged individual construct said bracing?
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
    Options
    you can manage just fine with two smaller pieces of strapping in an 'X' formation.

big box stores will have finished (S4S) wood that is maybe 3/4"x1/2" actual size. an 'X' of that will be just as good and a whole lot less visible than 2x4s or anything similar
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    some thin cable would also work in an 'x', but I still like Fidels corner blocks as a solution. It would look a little cleaner and 'planned' vs. scabbed'on
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Yea. You can easily cut diagonal section of plywood and it cinches it up nicely.

Regarding the S4S lumber, why would you want that if it's going on the back of the table where (assuming) no one would see it anyway?
    Options
    they just need to be good and strong since that'd be a 'moment' connection. still a lot of stress if you are moving it around.
    Options
    just because it would be cleaner. not at all expensive, for the size. never know if the back is visible or not, depending where he keeps it
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Here is one example. See the diagonal bracing that crosses the window. Fashion a similiar piece from one corner of your egg table to the other. Before attaching the last corner, make sure the table legs ar plumb.

CornerBracing.jpg