Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken ideas anyone????

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey all, I'm planning on some chicken today for the first time on the BGE. Any ideas, suggestions, tips for good chicken. Thinking about BBQ, but am certainly open to ideas.
Thanks for your replies,
steve

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    steve s,
    It would help to know what kind of chicken you're talkin' about. (Whole, half, breast, skinless, boneless...) The wife and I really like The Naked Whiz's Smoked Chicken Alfredo if you're talkin' boneless/skinless breasts. Very, very simple and very, very good![p]Kelly

[ul][li]Smoked Chicken Alfredo[/ul]
  • Kelly Keefe,
    That does look ggod but no pasta today. I'm thinking breast halves, or legs and breasts halves. I'm looking more for a "marinate with this, and then cook like this" type of thing or just a good BBQing technique, as this is my first chicken on the BGE.
    thanks

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    steve s,
    I just did 2 spatchcock chickens last nite. They were great!!
    And so simple to do!!![p]AZ Geoff

• AZ Geoff
    Options
    steve s,[p]Forgot the link!!

[ul][li]spatchcock chicken[/ul]
  • Marine Cook
    Options
    steve s,[p]If the breasts are boneless try some chicken fajitas. Rub the chicken own with a good rub and cook on the egg at 350 until they reach 160 internal temp and pull them and let rest for 5 yo 10 minutes slice thin and serve with warm tortias, diced tomatoes, grated cheese, salsa, diced onion, shaved cabbage, black olive and sliced jalopinas. My kids love them.[p]If not boneless rub and grill to 155 internal temp brush on some BBQ sauce and at 160 internal temp pull, rest and serve.[p]Have a great day.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    steve s,
    Well, i'd get a couple of 4 pound birds, spatchcock them, cover with your favor rub for chicken and then cook them direct for about at hour at 375 on a raised grid. To flip or not to flip is your choice. It's simple and it turns out marvelous every time.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz