Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 1st Pizza's

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My ole lady woke me up this afternoon telling me she got me something??? Actually 2 things she said??? She's a brunette so I figured she got me a blonde and red-head to finish the spectrum! :blink: I got to my feet quickly and went into the kitchen where she gave me 2 boxes....1 was a pizza stone fer my BGE and the other was the 3 tier rack also fer my BGE Not as good as the blonde and red-head but close!

I went ahead and fired my egg up and prepped my pizzas....Everything pre-made , just threw it all together w/ some added garlic/onion!!!!

I don't care fer pizza too much but these weren't bad...I'll improve in time by egg-sperimenting!!! Enjoy the pics!
DSC05965.jpg
DSC05967.jpg
DSC05968.jpg
DSC05969.jpg
DSC05970.jpg
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    all in all a great pair of gifts! Pizza on the Egg is better than anything you can buy!

looking at the pic's - did you use anything between the P/S and the pizza stone? need air flow between them to keep the stone from getting too hot...
    Kent Madison MS
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    No I didn't....What do you suggest? It kinda makes sense especially to even out the temp of the stone...Thanks fer the heads up! ;)
  • Adult ADHD
    Adult ADHD Posts: 150
    Options
    I was told to sit the stone on the grill grid. That works well for me. If you want to make the dough, it is very easy if you have a stand mixer or food processor with a dough hook.
    Oh, while you were napping, your wife was out with one of her new men. I don't know if it was the one with money or the one with hair. hehe
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    Adult ADHD wrote:
    I was told to sit the stone on the grill grid. That works well for me. If you want to make the dough, it is very easy if you have a stand mixer or food processor with a dough hook.
    Oh, while you were napping, your wife was out with one of her new men. I don't know if it was the one with money or the one with hair. hehe

HaHa Like I told her before I get my egg in the divorce!!! She can have her boyfriend, just as long as I get my toys! ;););)

I'll try cooking it on top of my grid....
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Options
    Nice work on the Egg. Best of luck with the Blonde and the Red-head. :cheer:
  • Ozarkshooter
    Options
    Use egg feet to put space between the stone and platesetter. Either use the ones that came with your egg, or just buy a set of three from your local dealer (around $10). But, on the cheap, you could use 3 balls of tinfoil. ;)
  • BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    I've used "BGE feet", balls of tin foil, lug nuts, and 3/4 nuts... anything that gives me an inch or so of space...
    Kent Madison MS
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    bunch of great ideas!!! THANKS! ;)