Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First TREX'd bone in Ribeyes....WOW!!!!

Marine Cook
Marine Cook Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone,[p]I did my first TREX'd steaks this evening. I'll never cook steak any other way. They were outstanding!!!! Juicy, tender and perfect. The hardest part was the resting step. I could hardly stand it, I think I looked at my watch every 15 seconds. Great technique![p]Semper Fi,[p]MC

Comments

• Marine Cook,
    Kind of makes you not want to go out anymore for a good steak!!! Hard to match what you can cook at home!!![p]AZ Geoff

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Marine Cook,[p]Glad you had good results. The rest is hard to be patient for, but I think it's worth it every time.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • TRex,[p]I have to agree with you about that patience part. I used to think you were nuts for suggesting that we wait a good 20 minutes or so between the sear and the dwell. Then the other day I had an emergency while the steaks were resting. After 30 minutes I put the steaks back on to dwell at 400º until they hit 135 internal. [p]I was amazed at the result. These were choice grade steaks, but they finished like prime grade steaks - very buttery. It is hard to believe that those few extra minutes make that big a difference. [p]
  • AZ Geoff,[p]I hear that...we stay home for anything grilled anymore. We venture out for mexican and chinese and that's about it. I did some smoked spagetti sauce last week it was awsome.[p]Semper Fi,[p]MC