Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
Eggerman1
Eggerman1 Posts: 155
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was going to do CWM ribs today, but i got home late and therefore I will do them tomorrow. But tonight I did a pizza as the photos show.

DSC_0120-Copy-Copy.jpg

I will post my picks of CWM's ribs tomorrow as he is the legend!

Comments

• Marc  from IL
    Marc from IL Posts: 499
    Options
    basil,chicken,onion,mozzeralla ??
  • Adult ADHD
    Adult ADHD Posts: 150
    Options
    Looks great! Last night, I attempted to make my first pizza. They turned into calzones, as I couldn't get them onto the stone.
    Corn meal was placed on a pizza stone with the pizza made on top of that. The plan was to roll it over to the hot stone on the egg. No luck. Thankfully, the family still gave two thumbs up. Words of wisdom?
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    looks good - do you have photo of finished pie

mr toad
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • Goody
    Goody Posts: 102
    Options
    when you roll out your dough to build your pizza, roll it out on parchment paper. then when ready to go on egg, just transfer pizza, paper and all, to the hot stone on the egg. the edges of the paper will burn a little but it wont affect the overall good. that is what i have picked from these other guys on the forum thus far. see picture below.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg
  • smoky b
    smoky b Posts: 648
    Options
    yeah parchment paper really does make it easier. i tried without it for months and lost a few toppings to the fire.
  • Adult ADHD
    Adult ADHD Posts: 150
    Options
  • Eggerman1
    Eggerman1 Posts: 155
    Options
    Couldn't have explained it better, parchment paper has made it so easy to transfer.

Here are completed pics of the pizza, and to the question, yes tomato, basil, mozzarella, red onion, pizza sauce (marinara) with a few chicken chunks (previously grilled). Pizza it seems is good with any ingredients.

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg
  • Jazzman
    Jazzman Posts: 62
    Options
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't like parchment paper for pizza - in the oven OR on the egg. I do feel that the "burned" scent does get into the pizza somewhat. I finally found the perfect tool, called the super peel - it's a bit expensive, but if you're a pizza fan (I make all kinds of pizza - napolitana, chicago style, focaccia - at least once a week)it's well worth the cost - it works like a charm, even with the wettest pizza doughs! Here's the link:

http://www.superpeel.com/

Cheers!
  • Jazzman
    Jazzman Posts: 62
    Options
    I know I'm in the minority, but I don't like parchment paper for pizza - in the oven OR on the egg. I do feel that the "burned" scent does get into the pizza somewhat. I finally found the perfect tool, called the super peel - it's a bit expensive, but if you're a pizza fan (I make all kinds of pizza - napolitana, chicago style, focaccia - at least once a week)it's well worth the cost - it works like a charm, even with the wettest pizza doughs! Here's the link:

http://www.superpeel.com/

Cheers!
  • Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Options
    On a standard peel, spread a little flour (not too much or it gets on the stone or clumps under the crust and burns). This takes some practice, but anyone can get the technique - you should be able to "shake" the pie...think pulling a tablecloth out from under the plates and glasses...and if you can do that without mangling the shape of the dough (I've failed miserably here but even a misshapen pizza tastes great) you can shake the peel and slide the pie on the stone without problem. Best of luck!
  • Large Marge
    Large Marge Posts: 404
    Options
    by the way the thin crust shot here looks fantastic!
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    Great looking pizza. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney