Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello Y'all

Options
Madjr
Madjr Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got a Large Egg last weekend and figured I could now join the forum. My wife was amazed that we cooked and ate all before 11 pm :woohoo: . This thing is great. Hope to find some good recipes from y'all.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations!!! Read this forum alot and you will find a whole bunch of info! Have fun with you egg!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Welcome! if you loved it for that, you just wait! it gets better and better as you go along. there is a great search feature at the top of the page to help with any questions you might have. I mostly say that because the whole forum is kind of in shock and mourning. we lost a very dear part of our Egghead group this past week, Car Wash Mike. today there are many rib cooks going on across the country in his honor so you might not get an answer back real fast. if you take a minute to read some of the posts you will get some idea. also as you become part of "the cult" lol you will understand. we are more than a bunch of bbqr's :)Julie
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    "Y'all" must be from somewhere South :)
    Welcome. Tell us more about yourself as you post, please ;)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    As previously mentioned we lost a very dear friend this week and in tribute to him, many are cooking his famous ribs. Join us if you can.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2002/06/baby-back-rib-class.html
  • ATX
    ATX Posts: 98
    Options
    Welcome to Eggdom. You'll soon realize you've made one of the best purchases of your life.

I've had my Egg 4yrs now and absolutely love it as does the wife.

Check out the recipes section of the forum. Lots of good ones on there. You'll probably want to refrain from doing high temp cooks until you've broken the gasket in with a few low to moderate temp cooks.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Welcome Madjr. This is just your beginning. Good things are in store for you.

Celebrate CWM's life with us this weekend by joining the CWM memorial rib eggout. Just click on the link given you by RichardFL and you will be eating the best ribs of your life! :)
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Madjr, congratulations, you will only enjoy it more and more as time goes on. My advice is throw anything and everything that crosses your mind on the egg, don't worry so much about the details, just get it on the egg & roll with it, it's most fun that way
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hey, madjr! Welcome to the madhouse. Just remember that the egg is, among other things, a replacement for your kitchen stove. I don't think I've used my oven half a dozen times since last August when I got my first egg. Anything you can cook inside, you can cook on the egg. From bacon and eggs to lasagna to pancakes to chocolate cake. You can even cook steaks and burgers! :)

Temp control is the key. Very easy to do on the egg. If you have favorite recipes, chances are they will be fine. It's more the method than the recipe.

You will love it!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Options
    Welcome to the family!!! Yes, yes read the forum. No question asked are ever stupid. Before you ask a question on a certain topic, serch the topic it may have been discussed earlier. Have fun. Do things you are familiar with first and work your way up. I have never done pulled pork. Now after having my BGE for 2 months I have done 3 pork butts low and slow overnight.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

Stef in Brunswick, Ohio
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Welcome the forum. This is a fun place. I'm glad you are here.

Take lots of pictures, we love pictures!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats! It is your "first" BGE as you now have the addiction like us all. Like Lays potatoe chips, you can't have just one. Hope to see some photos of your creations. Keep Grillin & Chillin!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Brokersmoker
    Brokersmoker Posts: 646
    Options
    Welcome.....wait till you do an overnight cook, could be 11 o'clock tomorrow :evil:
  • IndependentGrocer
    Options
    Welcome to the addiction!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    You have definitely come to the right place for recipes and tips to master your egg. The members of the forum are amazing people - enjoy your adventure.
  • Pilcher Man
    Options
    Very happy you joined us eggheads. Buying an egg was the best thing I ever did when it comes to outdoor cooking. I've had help from some great people in the forum. Use it, members can really help you because there is no such thing as a dumb question. The more I use mine, the easier it gets and the better I am at cooking our favorite meals. Good luck and enjoy.
  • Pepper Monkey BBQ
    Options
    Congrats!!! You'll never run out of new recipes to try, that I can guarantee!

Joel