Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Dry Bag Steaks - Thanks Bobby-Q and RRP!

kricks
kricks Posts: 244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been a little tardy with this...

First heard of the Dry-Bag system from Bobby-Q at one of the BGE cooking schools and then saw what RRP was up to so...

Got the Sinbo system and then a 14 pound ribeye primal from Costco. Didn't get a shot of primal but it looks like all the rest of them do.

After about 24 days, I pulled it out of the icebox. I kept it on the bottom shelf. Temp was about 37 degrees. I did turn it over one time. This was one side.

pic115.jpg

and this was the other

pic116.jpg

The "Drybag" was truly stuck on and I had to peel it off.

pic119.jpg

Yielding this.

pic120.jpg

I was really almost afraid to cut into it but being charitable and cautious I went ahead. I was very pleasantly surprised.

pic121.jpg

Continuing on... One should not do this when one is hungry...

pic122.jpg

I trimmed up the thinner end pieces too. I can see a ribeye sandwich in my future. To really celebrate, a new toy showed up. Fire good.

pic117.jpg

So, I'm just getting ready for the cook and I run into this little issue. I'd baked some bread on the egg earlier and left the dome up to cool everything down. When I went to put the dome down, this happened. And I wasn't holding the other end.

pic124-1.jpg

While I was curious as to WT* happened I just got my wrenches out and fixed it. Figured out what really happened later but that's another story.

The cook was straightforward. Prepped and ready. Kosher salt and Pepper only. I only trimmed off the tail and left everything else.

pic127.jpg

The egg was 500+. I just let it rock and roll. Resting.

pic133.jpg

And dinner.

pic135.jpg

As has been noted here, these have the most awesome flavor. I have 11 in the freezer. More fun later. Thanks everyone!

Comments