Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, jerky, chicken, maggi

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
maggi.jpg
<p />Mornin!
Interesting reading we have on the forum this morning![p]I have been working on building a patio, and have been egging daily. My addiction is in full swing! Did spare ribs last night with a new recipe I am working on. [p]Right now it is 10 am and a pile of jerky is smoking over cherry wood. Thanks Gfw for the great info on your web site. Just doing a batch of River City now. After I see how that goes, I might do that Thai recipe![p]A chicken is in a brine I made up last night. I have a good feeling about it. Water, salt, honey, fish sauce, cinnamon, lots of fresh lemongrass, rice vinegar, tamarind and pepper.Probably rub under the skin with some more goodies. [p]I have received emails wondering about maggi seasoning. Here is what the bottle looks like. This is the kind of fish sauce we use. Go figure it would be Squid Brand![p]Cheers!
NB

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Nautre Boy,[p]I think you and I have been leading parallel lives for the past few days only you're cooking beef every day and I'm cooking fish or seafood everyday. And you're building a patio and I'm putting up 7' retaining wall. Well, maybe not parallel lives, but we are at least we're both egging every day. Tell ya what, you help me with the retaining wall and I'll help you with your patio? Of the two things we're each doing, I bet I can guess which one we both like the best!!! [p]Happy eggin - the rest of it is just WORK[p]Troy
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nautre Boy,[p]I spent some time looking for Maggi some time ago and I was somewhat surprised when I tasted it. I was exspecting something other than Soy Sauce. If there is a difference - it's a slight one or my last 9 taste buds are now ruined. I do see that most recipes say maggi (or soy sauce) - so to those looking and are upset because they can't find it - just use soy. The Maggi might have a dash of liquid smoke in it - what do you think??[p]
    Squid brand sauce - that's a killer!![p]Tim

• SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    Nautre Boy,
    Can't read what the bottle says on the Maggi Seasoning. Is it something like msg? What exactly does the Maggi Seasoning do?